paint for lexan/acrylic

Vulcanus

Supreme [H]ardness
I need some good paint for lexan/acrylic, and I know I can get some for rc cars at hobby shops but, its like $7 for a 1/4 of a normal size spray can. Does krylon/duplicolor/rustoleum make a good paint for this thats not gonna cost an arm and a leg? BTW, I'm planning on building an all lexan/acrylic case but I never really like the totally clear thing so half of it is gonna have paint on the inside :)

Biggest thing though is that the paint HAS TO BE FLEXIBLE

I was going to ask whether or not the paint has to be flexible - then i read the last line.. Because that's what the lexan paint is for. Polycarbonate paint is what you want ($5-7 for a 3" tall can) which can take incredible ammounts of flexing. Theres also like 324570987 different colors to choose from. So, yea, go with the expensive stuff..

You can also buy it in little jars for an airbrush which would be nicer and cost less - if you already have an airbrush to start with..

I do have an airbrush, but keep in mind, this has to go over a lot of surface area (about 1/2-3/4 of a mid tower sized case) and the airbrush is strictly going to be used for the detail schtuff.

RIT dye. maybe try rc car paint using an airbrush, but for it to be flexible without peeling off id say dye

im not sure RIT dye would work, because I need only one side colored and I'm going to be doing designs and stuff in it too.

Back