Paint on Fans Blades

Skrying

2[H]4U
I'm strongly considering going with a UV orange against black paint setup. One of my ideas is painting fan blades with the UV orange paint. My question is basically... would painting the fan blades cause any potential issues? Likely a light coat, just enough to get a solid coverage and effect. As far as the fans that I'll be using, they're low speed Yate Loons. These are 1350 RPM fans, specifically these.

Love to hear ideas about this, or people telling me it's a stupid idea (and why, of course), etc.

They'll be just fine. You don't even need to worry about getting the blades out of balance because the paint doesn't weigh enough to matter at lower rpms.

I tend to agree, the biggest problem will be getting the paint to stick. It might be best to lightly rough up the surface of the blades with sandpaper if they are the glossy smooth plastic type so the paint has something to "bite" onto. Something around 400 grit, just to break/dull the "gloss".

BTW Tt fans have orange blades/hubs and their fans are decent if you have not already bought yours. Might be easier to get a uniform color with the paint /shrug.

Back