Palm bluetooth wireless keyboard 3245WW $9.99 FS @ buy.com (works on other devices)

I wonder how well this would work as an HTPC keyboard.

Last edited:
Probably fine since it works with the default Windows BT stack with no extra drivers needed. It also works with the Nokia Linux BT stack, so I assume it may work easily with other distros too.

The keyboard is pretty small though. I don't know how much typing you'd want to do on it. A mini BT keyboard (laptop keyboard sized) would probably be more comfortable, but of course is much more expensive. Mini RF keyboards are cheaper, but maybe not as cheap as this Palm keyboard.

I bit. Hopefully this will be adequate for the HTPC I intend to build this fall! And if not, maybe I will get some use out of it with my Samsung Omnia.

in for 3. one for my car, one for my couch, and one as a backup keyboard. i have been eyeing these on ebay forever, just never wanted to pay the $30 a pop they cost.

THANK YOU OP!

Probably fine since it works with the default Windows BT stack with no extra drivers needed. It also works with the Nokia Linux BT stack, so I assume it may work easily with other distros too.

The keyboard is pretty small though. I don't know how much typing you'd want to do on it. A mini BT keyboard (laptop keyboard sized) would probably be more comfortable, but of course is much more expensive. Mini RF keyboards are cheaper, but maybe not as cheap as this Palm keyboard.

thats what has always burned me about the bluetooth keyboards. they are fuckin EXPENSIVE and for no reason. the bt chips themselves cost pennies. the only reason i can think of is that BT devices just work that much better then RF counterparts, but really, whats the freakin difference as far as cost goes? i hate that.... all wireless devices should be BT and really, no exceptions.

Sold out already. :( If you ordered more than one and wish to part with yours, let me know when you get it.

Keep checking back. Stuff at buy.com tends to go in and out of stock a few times.

got mine today!

what cool little keyboards! i can see why they sell for $30+ now, they are actually pretty nice. for one, the keys are very quiet which is nice, and it only uses 2AA batteries...

it seems well thought out and works excellent. i stuck in a $4 ebay bluetooth adapter, that installed in seconds automatically, then once i hit the pairing button on the keyboard, up popped a message saying to type a code into the keyboard. once thats done, youre typing, the whole process took me 20sec.

these are perfect for carpc's.... perfect.

are you joking? folded up it fits in my hand. goes in my pocket. it also has a detatchable cradle for cellphone use built in. the only drawback i can see is it doesnt look like there is windows desktop drivers, so you cant use the keyboard shortcuts... but i havent checked on the website, they might have desktop drivers there.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

Mine is sitting at the post office....

USPS tried to deliver it while I was at work on Friday and refused to leave it at my complex's leasing office even though I left a note on the door asking them to. The "post office" they took my package to is a "stamp depot" that is only open from 8-5 on weekdays (no weekends).

How the hell is anyone with a job supposed to pick up a package from that joke of a post office? Am I supposed to leave work early just to pick up a package? This is completely ridiculous.

I can't stand FedEX smart post. They need to quit letting USPS ruin their service.

that sucks. they didnt even knock on my door. i went to go get mail and i got 3 keyboards i forgot i even bought.

i might sell one. one other thing is, to use it on a winmo phone at least, you gotta open a software program and that is what initiates the connection. it takes too long and overall isnt very useful for a cellphone that already has a qwerty layout. also, i dont see it working on anything other then its listed palm phones or anything other then a windows phone. it does work perfectly as a basic keyboard in a windows desktop environment though... without any software at all

but you can get them on ebay for $25, so i probably will just keep mine for my bedroom pc....

Back