Palm OS vs Windows Mobile

DeadlyAura

Supreme [H]ardness
I've had a Palm Centro for a few months with Palm OS installed. I've loved it, and it has worked excellently for me.

Today, I dropped my phone, accidentally, from 6 inches onto my bed. Luck would have it that it was attracted to the small exposed piece of metal frame that supports the mattress. Bam, broken LCD. I've dropped this phone out of my car, onto concrete floors, etc, and it has been great. It was that soft cozy bed that finally did it in.

So, the insurance company is shipping me a new Centro. However, the guy on the phone said he is pretty sure their Centros ship with Windows Mobile and not Palm OS. So I have a few questions.

What do you guys like better for an OS on Palm devices? Or on mobile devices in general, how is WM?

Also, all of my contacts and data are backed up on Palm Desktop, will I be able to restore them to a WM based phone?

Centros only came with Palm OS, simple as that. The last WinMo palm phones were the Pro, the 800w, and the 700w, in reverse order.

What company did you have your centro active under?

Centros only came with Palm OS, simple as that. The last WinMo palm phones were the Pro, the 800w, and the 700w, in reverse order.

What company did you have your centro active under?

Well, thanks.

I had no idea.

Back