Panaflo 80mm Fans in UK? Altering PC60

starfury6

Limp Gawd
Just wondering if anyone knows somewhere to buy them?

Specifically i want models with higher cfm than the default Lian-Li PC60 80mm flans to increase the air flow in my new SLI rig. I have no idea what the manufacturer of the default fans are in the PC60 so I can't figure out how much more CFM rated ones I'd need, but i can't find anywhere that does the range of panaflo fans in the UK.

I think I'll remove the internal fan covers too since they seem a bit hindering to the air flow. Are they easy to remove? Looks like black rubber pins holing them to the fan... Also, can anyone confirm which direction the top fan should be blowing? In or out? Since a few people have said different things.

Even ebay.co.uk seems a bit sparse all I can find is the low cfm models (21cfm 19dba) whcih wont be enough I wouldn't have thought.

Please help with some info. or some alternatives. If not panaflo then what for the same performance?

Thanks

I know this isn't answering your question, but...

Why Panaflo?

They're definitely not as good as some people make out, and you certainly do not get what you pay for with them. I know this from experience having shelled out near £20 for 2 120mm Panalfo's only to find that they are hilariously noisy.

The ball bearings create an annoying and varying rumble sound, and then fans tend to drone as well, rather than just giving the gentle 'swoosh' of blowing air that other fans give.

If you're looking for quiet, go for el cheapo Evercool 80mm fans. Seriously! I swear by them and I have them all through my case. I'm quite discerning when it comes to noise and like to keep my PC quiet and these fans do the trick (albeit at 5 or 7 volts).

So if noise is your concern, don't waste your cash.

If that's not why you're after Panaflo's, then happy hunting.. ;)

I am not necessarily HAVING to go for Panaflo, but they are rated highly. I would be happy with something else, but the requirements are to move more air than the default Lian-Li fitted ones and be not much noisier or the same volume.

Anyone know the default fan specs?

Thanks spine but I meant the specs of the default Lian-Li PC60 fitted fans. I have all the Panaflo specs, not that i can find any for sale in England of course....

Back