Panaflo Fan Questions.

Oline61

Gawd
I'm about to swap out my old case for a new Coolermaster Centurion 5. I'm debating between an SI-120 and an XP-90 heatsink, and planning to swap out all of the fans in the case for better cooling and less noise.

I'm going to replace the front 80mm with Panaflo 80mm L1BX

I'm going to replace the rear 120mm with Nexus 120mm Fan

If I get an XP-90 I'll put a Panaflo 92mm L1B on it.

I'm not sure whether I would go with another Nexus on the SI-120 or a Panaflo.

I'm going to buy everything from Jab-Tech. My rig is in my sig. Should I go for the XP-90 and Panaflo L1B combo, or an SI-120 and some other fan?

Thanks,
Oline61

I bought an XP-90 with an 92 mm Panaflo about a year ago ,because i was told they are very quiet . Dumped the fan after one week , it makes noise like a jetengine during takeoff.Replaced it with the noisy 70mm fan that came with the stockheatsink , work fine and a lot more quiet then the 92 mm Panaflo .
If u got enough room get the SI 120 with a 120mm fan , its way more quiet .There are a lot of 120 mm fans outthere that are almost noiseless.
Avoid the Panaflo fans !!! :D

I've always heard the Panaflo's are quiet, particularly the 92mm and below sizes. You probably got a bad sample, but I have also heard that the consistency of samples for Panaflo is deteriorating.

I considered getting a SI-120 and a Yate Loon D12SL-12, but I heard that they were not suited to horizontal mounting (would still be vertical on SI-120 anyway), or mounting in a high heat location such as a heat sink. Is there anyone who uses a similar setup and can confirm it works okay?

Right now it's looking more like an 80mm Nexus up front, 120mm Yate Loon in back, and something 120mm to go on the SI-120. These will of course all use silicone grommets for mounting, and the loudest thing in the case should be my Antec 550-watt PSU. I do plan on doing some overclocking, and am a little concerned about using an 80mm up front. Hopefully the mesh bezel of the Centurion 5 will aid the 80mm in allowing more air in. My system doesn't run that hot, but I'll want something pretty powerful to cool the CPU for OCing.

Back