Panasonic TC-L32U22 32" 1080p IPS - $383.04 - Free Shipping

Drawmonster

2[H]4U
Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I bought the 37" one of these, and the text is so-so to good as best I could calibrate it on a GTX-460. It's definately better than the LG 32LE5300, but still not as sharp as any actual monitor. The 32" may be better as a monitor because the text wouldn't be stretched quite as much, but overall I am pretty picky about my monitors and I don't think the 37" quite cut it for me. I'm attempting to sell it on craigslist. It's a great looking tv otherwise, beautiful on blu-ray! AND has no input lag that I could detect with the mouse (which I did feel a bit of lag when trying the LG 32LE5300). I do wish I had bought the 32" model instead, because it might just be that I feel a 37" is too big for a monitor/1080p. The 37" was $400 shipped from amazon in a gold box deal which is why I picked it up.

Does this panny support netflix and hulu? I can never tell on panny stuff which ones have and which ones don't. And when i say support, I mean is it built in.

edit: nevermind. I see it has no lan port. I wish they'd make a 32 inch plasma with apps.

Last edited:
I can't find any decent reviews of using 32" IPS TVs as a monitor. Can someone point me to one (or a lengthy Hardorum thread)?

Thanks

I can't find any decent reviews of using 32" IPS TVs as a monitor. Can someone point me to one (or a lengthy Hardorum thread)?

Thanks

Just look here or the display forums, you'll find 3 sets talked about the past 3 months if you do a simple quick search, believe me you'll find feedback regarding that and people asking the EXACT same thing :)

http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-TC-...Z83G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&sr=8-1&tag=atmIinr-20 that officer posted is a good one as he mentioned (and others here as well, just search U22 up top, this is well known to be a good monitor for gaming/text is good as well)

LG has the 32LD450 also, and then there is the others which cost more which I would not recommend. Just get either of those 2, and watch out with the LG because sometimes they lie and do not include an IPS panel (good luck with returns)

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I bought this set from Amazon two weeks ago. I'm very happy with the Panny as a TV haven't hooked it up to PC yet.

Bought this Tv set and I am extremely happy with it, blu-rays look amazing on it. But computer text doesn't look as sharp compared to my Westy 37w3, by far the best monitor tv I have.

If your text is blurry, change your pixel format settings. It may need to be 4:2:2 instead of 4:4:4.

I believe the L32U22 doesn't support 4:4:4.

I had the L32U22 and I thought the input lag was fairly noticeable, and from testing on avsforum, it looks like the panasonic is one of the slower screens out there right now.

I believe the L32U22 doesn't support 4:4:4.

I had the L32U22 and I thought the input lag was fairly noticeable, and from testing on avsforum, it looks like the panasonic is one of the slower screens out there right now.

That is correct - the L32U22 offers better contrast & overall picture quality than the LG 32LD450, but at the expense of greater input lag and lack of 4:4:4 (which is important for crisp text as a monitor).

i was about to buy 2 and notice the people saying text isnt crisp.. i guess i should see it to judge.. i also dont like lag or ghosting.

2 things. Turn off cleartype fonts, boom, your text will clear up. 2nd. before you decide on a TV for a monitor, make sure you can get it to native mode and that the input lag is minimal.

I found Vizio's input lag, even in "gaming mode" to be utterly terrible. Panny's aren't too bad accourding to the AVS forums. Toshiba's to very well.

Back