Panel used in new 2407wfp-HC?

jingra

n00b
Has anyone found out, with certainty, the panel Dell is using in the new wide-gamut 2407wfp-HC? Speculation is that is the same AUO P-MVA or A-MVA that is in the BenQ and LG 24" monitors b/c Samsung doesn't list a wide-gamut 24" panel. But I have not found anyone yet that definitely knows what panel is used.

Thanks!:)

Has anyone found out, with certainty, the panel Dell is using in the new wide-gamut 2407wfp-HC? Speculation is that is the same AUO P-MVA or A-MVA that is in the BenQ and LG 24" monitors b/c Samsung doesn't list a wide-gamut 24" panel. But I have not found anyone yet that definitely knows what panel is used.

Thanks!:)
The P-MVA and A-MVA panels in the LG and BenQ monitors aren't wide gamut either. I think AUO is coming out with a wide gamut 24 inch panel, but I thought it was TN. I'm not aware of any other wide gamut 24 inch panels, so I'd be interested in this info as well.

pretty certain it is still the Samsung LTM240M2 S-PVA panel being used, but just with enhanced CCFL backlighting behind it.

My apologies bootstrap. I knew the current BenQ and LG monitors were not wide-gamut displays. My question stems from the fact that AUO is the only panel maker that currently lists a wide-gamut 24" panel on their website (as far as I know) and it is an A-MVA type panel http://auo.com/auoDEV/products.php?sec=monitor&func=info&product_id=131&items_id=1 . Therefore, I have read speculation that Dell may be using this panel since Samsung does not list a comparable panel made using S-PVA.

Edit: AUO does also have a 24" TN wide-gamut panel (http://auo.com/auoDEV/products.php?sec=monitor&func=info&product_id=132&items_id=1)

LTM240M2 is a 72% gamut LCD module, tftcentral is wrong. A different gamut would equate to a different LCD module for example LTM240M3

Could be the same one, with a different backlight. Probably special made for Dell OEM rebranding if that's the case.

Could be the same one, with a different backlight. Probably special made for Dell OEM rebranding if that's the case.

i'd say very possible...either way, it's S-PVA afaik, but might be a slightly updated part number for the panel i suppose

i'd say very possible...either way, it's S-PVA afaik, but might be a slightly updated part number for the panel i suppose

I bet it's something like LTM240M2-HC-OEM. :D

I don't know, I guess the only way to really know is if somebody takes one apart, or if they can weasel the answer out of Dell. :p

I just got my new 2407wfp-hc set up and started browsing this site. I don't know what panel they are using but the colors are too stable across all viewing angles for it to be TN. My guess is its the same s-pva but with a better backlight. I have to guess because I am not taking this thing apart for quite a while, lol.

I am happy so far.

Mac

I just got my new 2407wfp-hc set up and started browsing this site. I don't know what panel they are using but the colors are too stable across all viewing angles for it to be TN. My guess is its the same s-pva but with a better backlight. I have to guess because I am not taking this thing apart for quite a while, lol.

I am happy so far.

Mac

try accessing the service mode and see what information comes up.

I did access the service menu. It does not show panel numbers. I think the manufacturers are trying to hide this infromation after the Samsung 226bw fiasco. Seems their goal is to create confusion instead of product discrimination. Shame on them.

I would be happy to provide information or make simple tests but, as I said before, I aint taking this thing apart, lol.

Mac

Back