Panhandle Gamers LAN Party (Pensacola FL) Sept. 16 & 17

beachbum

Limp Gawd
Panhandle Gamers is hosting their fourth event at the Pensacola Civic Center on September 16th and 17th 2006.

Participants can compete in tournaments in the following games:
  • Counter Strike (1.6 & Source)
  • Battle Field 2
  • Unreal Tournament 2004
  • Quake 3
  • Halo2 (for the X-Box & X-Box 360 game console)

Winners of said tournaments can win either cash, or sponsor provided prizes (PC cases, fans, computer mice, power supplies, etc).

Many sponsors (relevant to the gaming and computer industry) send us all kinds of items and marketing material and sometimes give us new stuff to show off to the computer geeks. Many of the attendees have “modded” computers, with bright lights, windows, and water cooling, it’s definitely a sight worth seeing.

All of these people from the Pensacola area, as well as out of state, come to these events because they are fun, and everyone shares a common interest. Those who are unfamiliar with computers or gaming are encouraged to come anyways, there’s plenty to do (and not to mention free stuff).

Panhandle Gamers is dedicated to putting the “Party” back into LAN Party, by this we mean having some entertainment, such as comedic acts, talent shows, hardware and over clocking workshops, etc. It’s really a sight to see for those of ALL ages (attendees range from age 12 to…middle aged).

So drop by the Pensacola Civic Center on September 16th & 17th (2nd floor) and take a look at what is going on. Its $15 per day if you wish to bring your own computer or game console, and FREE to spectate.
Visit www.PanhandleGamers.com for more info.

Hrm just a thought, you may want to see if you can pass flyers out with the MWR offices on the local instalations. I left Pensacola in June and had something like this been advertised i definately would have attended.

Worth at shot. There are lots and i mean lots of military personel training in the pensacola area, all branches at that.

Damn, I have to work that weekend. Stupid Military Weekend duty! My wife probably wouldn't let me go anyway. :(

Back