Partition Drive on Powerbook 12 inch???

Scroatdog

[H]ard|Gawd
My new Powerbook is almost a week old now ,and I've since imported my Outlook Express contact, and copied and installed my Internet Explorer favorites into Safari, and am using the tabbed browsing. Needless to say, I am very impressed so far at how EASY this thing is to use. It's ridiculous. I close the lid on my Powerbook, open it the next day and BAM everything is right where I left it. (last laptop I had had Win98 on it and...well, it didnt really work like that).

Anyhow, it's got an 80 gig hard drive and does not appear to be partitioned at all. Should I bother? I'm thinking probably yes, since my PC is partitioned out the wazoo. If I do partition it, I don't know how. Also, I'd like to hear from some Poerbook/iBook users to hear what their partition schemes look like. If I have to do it by basically reinstalling, not that big a deal. I've only installed Office Stud/Teacher edition and iWork so far, and only have a few files on it that I can easily move or save via thumb drive. My concern would be all of the settings I have completed to date, for everything.

Can someone give me some pointers??

Thanks

(I LOVE this thing) 1 gig Crucial will be here TOMORROW ! !

If you ever get the sudden urge to partition just because you can, you shouldn't. If you've done a lot of research and found that partitioning will be a great solution for some problem, go ahead and do it. If you want to dual boot Linux and Mac OS X, for example, you'll have to have at least two partitions (or two completely separate hard drives). Other than that one case, I haven't really heard any good reasons for partitioning.

Since you love your PowerBook so much, are we to assume that you'll be adding its specs to your signature? ;)

sounds to me like you dont have a reason to partion?

you dont partion just to partion.

Please do not partition. 99.999% of the time there is no reason at all for people to do this.

I second that. It's more of a hassle than it's worth to partition the hd on the Powerbook...just leave it.

Get an external like I did.

I made love to my powerbook already.

And my girlfriend got jealous. :]

Back