Passive PSU

lowside67

Limp Gawd
Is there such a PSU that is safe for a dual core AMD system with 1 SATA hdd, dvd-r, 6600GT?

passive ussually = bad.

try one thats advertised as being quiet.

120mm fans etc.

my Tagan cant be heard.

Most of the newer efficient PSUs have fans that barely even spin if at all. Just as good without the inflated "passive psu" price.

lowside67 said:
Is there such a PSU that is safe for a dual core AMD system with 1 SATA hdd, dvd-r, 6600GT?
Maybe an Antec Phantom 350W as long as there is NO OC'ing & good case cooling. ;)

lowside67 said:
i have an antec 430W dual fan and its SO ungodly loud, i cant get over it.
Either it is an older one or you are overloading the ELL out of it! The new TP II's are quiet! ;)

I have an Antec Phantom 500 pushing a 3500+, 6800gt, 2x SATA HDD, 2x DVD-RW and assorted fans. No problem.

I am really liking the absolute silence. I first installed completely passive components, PSU, passive heatsink, passive video card. I had to giggle when I could not to hear anything but could see the image on the screen and realize that this is actually working

c1001 said:
I have an Antec Phantom 500 pushing a 3500+, 6800gt, 2x SATA HDD, 2x DVD-RW and assorted fans. No problem.

I am really liking the absolute silence. I first installed completely passive components, PSU, passive heatsink, passive video card. I had to giggle when I could not to hear anything but could see the image on the screen and realize that this is actually working

What's your 12v reading with a multimeter under full load?

Back