Path of Exile

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as choco's comment about my comment about bad uniques...it's not that they are "bad" bad, it's that they are for lowbies and that I have duplicates. They all have their use, and i use them on alts, but it's moreso that I collect them and don't vendor/sell them like I should be doing...my packrat nature. Completely different from D3's "Oh look it's a terrible unique that has zero use to anyone ever because it doesn't have x dps which is the only stat that matters in this game whatsoever first and foremost".

yea okay, i guess i can't argue with that lol

How on earth do you have that much ES though (in HYBRID gear)? Just really good gear? I'm straight ES witch (though i'm wearing those stupid armor boots with +1 curse (seriously, they need to make these ES or hybrid)), and i have 1700 with discipline on.

yea okay, i guess i can't argue with that lol

How on earth do you have that much ES though (in HYBRID gear)? Just really good gear? I'm straight ES witch (though i'm wearing those stupid armor boots with +1 curse (seriously, they need to make these ES or hybrid)), and i have 1700 with discipline on.

How much ES do you have per slot?

How much ES do you have per slot?

133 chest, 120 shield, 110ish Helm, 60 gloves, 0 boots. My necklace gives 15% ES, and my belt gives 20.

All gear I've found or crafted. Oh, except the boots. I was tired of wasting chances and getting no return, so i bought those.

Your first order of business is to find a ~300 ES shield, then get that chest to at least 250 (assuming 5L or better). I snagged 2 nice shields from a 68 map the other day, but sold one and equipped the other :/ . I can keep my eye out.

Your first order of business is to find a ~300 ES shield, then get that chest to at least 250 (assuming 5L or better). I snagged 2 nice shields from a 68 map the other day, but sold one and equipped the other :/ . I can keep my eye out.

I appreciate it. I'm going to be running lots of maps today with my roommate. I can't even remember the last time i saw a good drop, so hopefully today's my day.

I think i have an 1140 ES chest in my stash that i'm not going to use. Think its a lv58 chest? If i still have it when i get home i'll post the stats and see if anyone might want it.

EDIT: oops. it was 1140 evasion not ES :)

Last edited:
I appreciate it. I'm going to be running lots of maps today with my roommate. I can't even remember the last time i saw a good drop, so hopefully today's my day.

RNG is a bitch. Recently it has been my bitch, but that can't last long.

going off the top of my head:
helm - 140ish
chest - 290ish
shield - 310 (rathpith)
gloves - 70ish
boots - 100ish (they're those new rainbow striders)
i think the ammy might have a +8% es stat on it and the ring i'm wearing may have a +30es stat

I have another 5L ES/AR chest with 699ar/377 es, but it doesn't have hp and I'm actually saving up to 6L it then re-roll it till it's "uber" (90-100% Increased ar/es + 100+ es static + Hp + Chaos resist + base stats or stun recovery would be cool too ).

i do a lvl 13 (?) discipline aura solo, which if I read correctly is the lowest cost vs es ratio. If i bumped my mana or regen up somehow I could probably max it out, but these days i'm rarely soloing and someone else is usually running a maxed version.

Speaking of RNG i've been getting more uniques lately. At least one a day (play for 1-2hrs). And i have the same %'s as i had most of the way up to lv72.

It's not too hard to get 30+ ES per ring, too.

I'm at about -

130 helm
210 chest
300 shield
70 combined rings
40 belt
55 gloves (worst item)
35 boots (Bones of Ullr)

which puts me over 2200 ES with discipline (level 17). Mana cost and mana reserved doesn't concern me with 90+ mps.

I am looking for a nice cold wand with cast speed.

Speaking of RNG i've been getting more uniques lately. At least one a day (play for 1-2hrs). And i have the same %'s as i had most of the way up to lv72.

Unique drop rates were doubled 2 patches ago, but the chance of getting the more rare uniques (such as Koam's Heart) have been lowered when using Chance Orbs on base items. I frequently see 2 uniques in one map, it's the rare-rare ones you still won't see so often.

Lenin i got a wand that might work for you. Remind me what your ingame name is?

My main is "Period", you might have seen me around, i played at least100hrs in the last week cuz i was off from work from surgery.

ign CrispyBits.

My current wand is ilvl 43 or something. I kep it because it works great for FP, but it is way past its prime. All I'm looking for is +spell damage, +cold damage and +ics. Anything else is bonus. I don't require crit mods or anything fancy.

lol, I can't even 4link my Aurseize w/ 54 fusings...normally it takes like 5 for gloves, wtf?

Make that 68 still nada...I'm just too stubborn. Even though it's 50% rarity, this unwise investment is starting to exceed the actual item value itself by a good margin.

6 Socketed a really bad ass chest w/ just 3 jewelers however, wonder how many fusings will this one take me?!

I've kind of hit a wall at lv72 (marauder - glacial hammer and sweep) where its difficult to find a safe place to level up and still get a decent amount of experience. Calcualtor says i get 59% exp at battlefront vs 90% at solaris temple, however I can kill faster (which means more xp) and dont risk dying at battlefront. Docks are just a PITA with the elite dogs.

38% armor absorb (with aura), 2450 hp, 80 all res, 85hp/s regen. It simply seems like I dont have enough armor, yet the drops I see aren't even close to an upgrade.

Also, it seems like after ilvl59/61 the higher level ilvl drops are simply rare even on the 66 maps I have been running. Is that normal? I would take ilvl63's~+ and orb them but I just simply dont see them.

How are you having problems with dogs with max resists? Do you use leech or life on hit gems in your main skill?
What is your main skill's gem setup? Your attacks per second (on tooltip)?

Do you have unwavering stance (can't be stunned) / high stun recovery? If you're getting mini-stunned constantly you'll find yourself killed by those dogs very quickly. From the sounds of battlefront being your preferred zone, which are mostly slower hitting mobs, this might be the issue for other zones, where they hit faster but are still hitting hard enough to throw you into a stunned state.

If you're not grouping, group. Do the people in your group a favor and have a quicksilver flask on ( please for the love of god, EVERYONE have a quicksilver flask on for at least non-map zones).

Flask wisely, have smart flasks rolled. It only costs a few dozen alterations to roll preferred mods. I have wear an Hp w/ removes bleeds, Hybrid w/ removes burning, 2 Hybrid w/ removes chill/freeze (this is huge for me), and my quicksilver w/ added movement speed + duration.

As far as drops go, grouping will accelerate what you see/find astronomically. Make sure you loot your stuff, fast. Most groups are FFA these days (because, come on, the timers are loooong). Be ruthless about everything. The absolutely respect maps2maker, always and Loot2Name when it's a close group of friends / 2-3 man groups where it's clear whose loot is whose.

Look at your weakest slot and focus on upgrading that first. Right now I want to find a perfect pair of gloves. So i pick up every single white crusader gloves I see then save it for an alch or chance, then dump it if it's not what i want ( or save for the chaos recipe ).

Keep 2-3 pieces of gear for each slot that might have x stat but not y stat, because you might find something else for another slot that with the two together equals a net gain. I'm up to 3 amulets that I swap between, 2 gloves, 2 boots, and several gem combos.

If you decide to spend real $ on the game, get stash tabs when they are on sale, or the stash tab package.

P.S. Player named "Destroyerer" is a map ninja, stole a uniq map from a guy i was in a group with then tried to justify it as "it was unique so it doesn't count". Unique map drops have jumped in drop rate a bunch, so don't cost having some elitist-prick like myself making sure you get blacklisted just for the moment of greed.

Not sure about the dogs, they simply melt me down quick. 5% overall life leech with 25 life on hit for my sweep skill. No life on hit with the glacial hammer though other than the 5% leech.
sweep+item Q+physical dmg+% added fire dmg = dps 1900~
glacial hammer+physical dmg+% added fire dmg+% elemental dmg = dps 6900~
run enfeeble and enduring cry, with hatred and determination as auras.

dont have unwavering but i do have 100% accuracy passive, stun recovery is at 43%. Stun doesnt seem to be as much as an issue and the amount of dmg i take when i do get hit. Using sweep with hatred aura allows most mobs that circle me to chill + the knockback on sweep. Don't have any issues with bosses. Just seems like I dont have enough armor, though I do use a +4000 armor flash that has 91% increased armor when flickering into a large mob.

Funny thing on the quicksilver, I do have one - only one I have ever seen drop for me though. Dont use it much since I have 28% run speed.

And no I have never played in a group :p

Just started this game, any suggestions on how to not F-up my skill build.

Seriously the game is fun, but loses appeal when I know that if I don't choose my level 4 skill it could F me come lvl 50.

Want something of a Bow, Elemental, ranger type.

Seriously the game is fun, but loses appeal when I know that if I don't choose my level 4 skill it could F me come lvl 50.

Probably the best advice would be to play around with the skill tree and look at the poe forums for build advice incase you see one you like.
Or simply play your character for a while till you learn enough, then make a new one. Doesnt take long to get to lv50 anyway.

Not sure about the dogs, they simply melt me down quick.

So...your gear/spec life leech is nice, but it's also only on physical damage. The life leech gem is for *all* damage it is linked to, which is huge, especially when it's max level (7% at 19!, 8% at 20!!). If your attacks per second are slower than say, 0.5per second you'll probably better off with life leech.

With the dogs, if you're knocking them back, you're also potentially pushing them out of melee range briefly, which means you're giving them space to light you on fire, with no damage going to them. That's very very bad. The ones that can get me still today are magic/rare ones with faster attacks + added projectiles, which makes that flame they spit 3x, 6x frequency and very melty.

1. Don't try to make a cookie cutter build without realizing that they usually assume you have X item / gear.
2. Don't spend skill points immediately. 1-20 is pretty much a no brainer, 20-40 depending on the spec can be, but 40-60 just don't spend them unless you know exactly where they need to go. You're not required to sink them immediately, so just let em sit if you're not sure.
3. Look at big, spec defining nodes that you want to reach. Look at what the best route to that node is and what else you can get along the way that will work with that node. Maybe spending 2-3 points going another route will take you right next to 3 health nodes that you'll want later?
4. Then, when you think you know where you want to go, try it out on the website first, or now more recently, don't click accept (clicking em used to just place them with no confirmation before!).

As far as what skills you end up using, choose what works for you as you level, and any/all extra sockets you have, fill them with other skills, even if you're not sure if you're gonna use them. That way you can toss it on to your bar at any time, and the gem will already have a few levels on it. Have fun, try everything out.

And lastly, totems / traps are like free dps, take advantage of it.

You can branch out in many ways. If you are unhappy with one of your branches, there are plenty of respec points you get from quests. You can also trade for orbs of regret which give you a respec point.

It also depends on what you want. Some people make glass cannons while some make all-around rangers. There are quite a few ways in making an elemental ranger.

Between hardcore and default I must've rerolled over a dozen toons, some were even way up in the 60s too, but overall each one progressed faster and stronger than the last - don't be afraid to mess up your character, it's the best way to learn.

I honestly would not advise anyone to make a glass cannon toon, because it will become extremely frustrating at higher levels. I do however agree to mixing things up and seeing what builds you can discover.

My latest project has become a pure summoner, dual perma hex, triple totem witch. I found the unique mantle that lets me summon one extra totem. I summon 3 skele totems and let them explode on mobs. Skeles have around 6k hp, and I summon 17 of them. They pound on mobs until they get below 30% life, when they explode for 2k dmg each, so that's decent dps for bosses or large mobs.

I can be extremely aggressive with the skel totems also, having no problems with multiple debuffs and curses running since they do not affect my totems. Flicker mobs are not an issue, melee mobs are a joke, and ranged mobs never get close enough.

The only issue I have had, is if a boss ranges me with multiple exploding arrows, or those poison shots/grenades. I literally die because I spam totems ahead and shots come towards me, past my totems from 2 screens away. Not sure if thats bugged or not, but it's very hard dodging them, especially in closed spaces.

The only issue I have had, is if a boss ranges me with multiple exploding arrows, or those poison shots/grenades. I literally die because I spam totems ahead and shots come towards me, past my totems from 2 screens away. Not sure if thats bugged or not, but it's very hard dodging them, especially in closed spaces.

I'm assuming mobs have some amount of pierce to their arrows.

My latest project has become a pure summoner, dual perma hex, triple totem witch. I found the unique mantle that lets me summon one extra totem.

Any idea how much that item is worth? I want one for my dual totem witch. 50% more ice spears(and probably about 50% more damage)? Yes please :D

Any idea how much that item is worth? I want one for my dual totem witch. 50% more ice spears(and probably about 50% more damage)? Yes please :D

Think they're in the 3-5 Exalt range. Default prices are wacky though. The super-rare uniques are still super rare and all the semi-rare stuff is getting flooded on the market. I'm sitting on 3 rathpiths that I can't sell, even at 4GCP (They used to go for 2Ex, then dropped to 1Ex...)

Speaking of uniques, I landed the unique void maul last night with 1.8 attacks per second. Glacial hammer is now at 11k dps. Very nice find for my spec, now I don't have as much problems with mobs as I can kill them so fast. :)

Bad part is the 34% reduced exp gain and 33% reduced rarity, however due to the increased speed and 32% rarity from other gear it pretty much evens out.

Think they're in the 3-5 Exalt range. Default prices are wacky though. The super-rare uniques are still super rare and all the semi-rare stuff is getting flooded on the market. I'm sitting on 3 rathpiths that I can't sell, even at 4GCP (They used to go for 2Ex, then dropped to 1Ex...)

Mind linking me your Rathpiths tonight? I might be interested.

Alright, i looked it up on the wiki and the range is 25-50% reduced exp for that maul.
If you have any 2handers that are 250dmg+ on the high end i'm interested - lv73

I think I have a 6S/4L 2h physical mace that tops out well above 300dmg, will check after work.

Yea i had my eyes on a rathpith... but then my buddy got a shield drop that was perfect for me.

Unfortunately i lost more ES (again) :( :(

I know I know, that's the kicker. If only this roll was on a better base item, it was just everything i ever wanted in a shield...

28% Block
84 ES
5% Spell Damage
+2 Cold Skills
63 Spell Damage
46% Mana Regen
10% All Resist
29% Cold Resist

I really needed more mana regen, now i have it. I gained spell damage. I gained the right resists, freeing up 3 talent points. The only thing i lost is 37 ES, but as you well know there are other shields out there (rathpith for instance) with such a HUGE difference in ES...

Just frustrating getting the roll I've always dreamed of, but on a shitty-ass ilvl 62 item :(

Patch tonight right? I'm wondering what everyone's new non-map zone of choice will be. I'm thinking Lunaris will be popular though I clear catacombs faster with the tighter hallways for my sparks to bounce around in.

I did a piety run on monday solo in my 108Quant/230rarity gear and netted a bunch of misc orbs, a map, and...an exalted on a magic mob right before piety's portal. Very pleasantly surprised.

I'll likely default to Lunaris and Catacombs. Level 3 Lunaris already nets a lot more xp than Docks. It takes longer, though.

Ideally Lunaris would be a great place, assuming the orb drop rate penalty still limits to below level 66

What kind of changes should I be expecting in the patch?

Or could someone tell me how you guys know about what is already to come?

Last edited:
What kind of changes should I be expecting in the patch?

These are the changes we should see

Likely changes to Merciless Act Three:
Merciless Act three zones will be changed somewhat similar to the changes outlined in the Manifesto Post.
Maps higher than level 66 will not drop outside of maps.
Merciless Piety will get a Map drop slot which may sometimes drop a map.
Large chests in Merciless may sometimes spawn as dedicated map chests. These chests may either be rare and drop Maps every time, or common and not drop them every time. This change may be in a later patch.
Lunaris Temple Level 3 will be made around 15% smaller.
The waypoint before Lunaris Temple Level 3 will likely be moved.
The Marketplace waypoint will be moved, and will be predictably close to the Catacombs Entrance.

Maps
Maps will get signature monsters: one dedicated pack slot with the rest random. This reduces variance.
Rewards will be revisited.
We are currently investigating implicit mods and new map zones. This will probably not make it in to 0.10.8.
Map bosses are being reworked. In 0.10.8 Asphyxia will be redone.

We're looking at rebalancing every skill in the game. The first four are:
Puncture
Lightning Warp
Freeze Mine
Discharge

The manifesto they mentioned proposed the following changes

The City of Sarn: 61 (unchanged)
Sarn Slums: 61 (unchanged)
Crematorium Level 1: 61 (unchanged)
Crematorium Level 2: 61 (unchanged)
Warehouses: 61 (unchanged)
Marketplace: 61 (unchanged)
The Catacombs: 63 -> 67
Battlefront: 61 -> 62
Solaris Temple Level 1: 62 (unchanged)
Solaris Temple Level 2: 62 -> 63
Solaris Temple Level 3: 62 -> 63
The Docks: 62 -> 63
Slums Sewers: 61 (unchanged)
Warehouse Sewers: 61 (unchanged)
Market Sewers: 62 -> 64
Sewers Aqueduct: 62 -> 65
Barracks: 62 -> 66
Lunaris Temple Level 1: 63 -> 66
Lunaris Temple Level 2: 63 -> 67
Lunaris Temple Level 3: 64 -> 68

Edit: The manifesto was posted some weeks ago to get feedback from the players, they've also posted a couple of updates on the site regarding this coming changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back