Path of Exile

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to do a dw dps-heavy survival-low mara, but not sure what skills to focus on, i simply don't know melee very well at all.

I want to do a dw dps-heavy survival-low mara, but not sure what skills to focus on, i simply don't know melee very well at all.

I did a dual wield dualist using cleave (for groups) and dual strike (for single, high health enemies). Both with "life gain on hit" modifiers. It should have been more surviveable that it was, but it was my first build and I didn't set up the passive tree very well. Still, it's nice, simple way to do what you're looking for.

If I ever manage to get a Bringer of Rain I might turn my Shadow wander into an Arcobatics dw...but I think it's gonna end pretty badly lol due to spell damage.

Last edited:
I found a ilvl 68 kris (80% chance)
56% spell dmg
60% spell crit chance
35% fire resist
28% cold resist

If you didn't give me this dagger, i was going to have to settle for the Divinarius:

40% increased Global Critical Strike Chance
(50-70)% increased Spell Damage
(80-100)% increased Critical Strike Chance for Spells
+10 Life gained when you Kill an enemy
+5 Mana gained when you Kill an enemy
10% increased Radius of Area Skills

...which potentially has more Spell damage, but would have less crit... the mana/hp after kill is inconsequential, and while the 10% radius would be nice, i'd take two good resist rolls any day. The resists are huge in giving me more freedom to swap my gloves/chest/belt/rings/etc.

Thanks again for hooking me up.

I'll farm like a boss and get you the rest of those GCP.

If I ever manage to get a Bringer of Rain I might turn my Shadow wander into an Arcobatics dw...but I think it's gonna end pretty badly lol due to spell damage.

Just looked that up... what a crazy item! I'd love one of those!

I put my lv79 Maruader on hold when I heard the patch was coming out and started a witch. Got her up to lv51 in a few days, cold crit is awesome for facerolling, i just have to haul ass when i get cornered.

This is going to be very interesting for my maruader, as it is an off-spec for top notch. I'm currently using sweep with extra aoe and heavy strike. It's pretty awesome, though maybe not top notch but its fun. Sitting on 4k sweep and 9k heavy strike dps.

Looking at the patch notes and predictions on forums, I might need to pick up some different lvl 20 gems to play with, it looks like my tank-sparker could be a bit too weak post-patch.

Looking at the patch notes and predictions on forums, I might need to pick up some different lvl 20 gems to play with, it looks like my tank-sparker could be a bit too weak post-patch.

Yea looks like spark is getting hit pretty hard. My roommate's pretty anxious about the viability of his totem spark guy post patch.

I can't wait to try my shadow post patch though. but i do have a question--what moves have you used multistrike with and liked it? I've tried it on flicker and dual strike, both of which are cool. Flicker strike plus multistrike, especially if i'm rushing someone in cruel/normal is fuckin hilarious.

Surprised they hit inner force and diamond skin like they did, never saw them as must haves to begin with and now they look more like why bother nodes. Diamond skin I'd probably still grab if I was next to it, but inner force topping our at 18% doesn't let it do enough for me.

i got a beta invite.. i thought this game came out like last year.. haha

I'm not seeing a boost to Clarity. I'm still ~100 mps. FP nerf was pretty minimal, though.

Survivability seems better now. I just did a quick run through the weavers chambers with my lvl 44 ranger (in cruel right now) and made it through without too much trouble. I then went ahead and ignored my full re-spec for this character and leveled up. This build seems pretty good and I'm going to keep going with it.

I redid my Facerauder passive tree, but everything else was solid. Melee/tank feels a lot better now.

Checked the forums and it seems like the patch changes didn't do much st all for melee characters and armor.

Checked the forums and it seems like the patch changes didn't do much st all for melee characters and armor.

As armor is related to base damage, and they reduced base damage of the monsters it should have done something. Though it should make it even easier for armored rangers. :D

As armor is related to base damage, and they reduced base damage of the monsters it should have done something. Though it should make it even easier for armored rangers. :D

Normal mobs were never an issue. It's the boss mobs. Most people seem to be saying they'll just need even more HP nodes because they were reduced.

I'm finally letting it finish downloading to try onslaught league this weekend.

Normal mobs were never an issue. It's the boss mobs. Most people seem to be saying they'll just need even more HP nodes because they were reduced.

I'm finally letting it finish downloading to try onslaught league this weekend.

They did reduce the damage of the two most annoying (and damaging) non boss mobs in the game; those poison throwing alchemists in the sewers and the arrow ones (or something). Which are the two which probably kill more people than any other (though neither was related to poison). :D

I thought all damage was reduced, bosses included?

shit my guy lost 1500 hp went form 5k to 3500 and my res are about 10% lower to and my dps is lower waht a shity patch

hmmm, my EK witch got hit the hardest on all fronts :(...lost a good chunk of HP, 15% lower base damage and way less mana through ES nerfs that really messed with my aura setup, guess it's back to lolsummoner for map farming. I wonder how much did they actually reduce mob damage, I could barely tell.

Also sort of hilarious to watch people trying to sell off their gear at ridiculously high prices to rush to the next cookie cutter build, makes me wanna restart on the Anarchy league this weekend.

Used my entire stash of armor scraps w/ 50 fusings on a 6s chest...got 4L like 3 times and nothing else beyond that.

I must say the changes are underwhelming (i totally forgot about health bars though!), my spark-tanker feels about the same, lost 200ish hp and 120ish dps. It doesn't seem like much but it is enough to prevent me from getting shock to reliably on 68+ mobs, so I feel really gimp at times. I had some decent armor (for a caster) which has done nothing but make white mobs even easier, bosses still hurt bad. My brother, a ranger, was often getting punted to 25% hp by Rhoas, which is pretty much just like pre-patch. As everyone else has said, hp still looks as valuable as it was before.

I think this patch was more to lay groundwork/headroom for 66+ non-map content than to actually balance for right now.

shit my guy lost 1500 hp went form 5k to 3500 and my res are about 10% lower to and my dps is lower waht a shity patch

Monsters damage has been reduced too

I respec my witch build, losing some hp nodes for more offensive stats, so far I do not feel any impact in terms of survivability despite lower HP and ES figure. But I get to kill slightly faster now.

I think people pay too much attention on the HP figure alone.

After patch my sweep maruader dropped 200hp, 3 max res, and gained about 1.5k dps on sweep.

Ran through Lunaris, got to Kole (got 1 shotted right off the bat - sucks since I am halfway to lv80)
Armor reduction was at 85%, res at 80%, and I even have 30% reduced critical damage received.

Decided to go ahead and finish my run to Piety, which was overall the easiest run ever. Mods barely do any damage and Piety was very easy. Probably the fastest kill I've done on her yet.

So overall, mods dont hurt (titty bitches can be ignored now) but bosses.. ouch.

They did not lower mob damg as much as my hp i die faster now. Yes i kill a litle faster but i die faster to i was having a hard time doing a 69 map whit no mods and some how my.ac is lower to i had right at 10k ac before now i have 7500 same
gear and skills

Your AC dropped? I'm not seeing that on any of my armor dudes.

Other than my minion hp getting nerfed, I'm actually having an easier time on all my characters (melee, ranged, caster).

I'm not seeing a boost to Clarity. I'm still ~100 mps. FP nerf was pretty minimal, though.
my lvl 18 clarity went from 17.2 mana per second to 19.8... or something close to that. Tiny buff, but a buff.

Survivability seems better now. I just did a quick run through the weavers chambers with my lvl 44 ranger (in cruel right now) and made it through without too much trouble. I then went ahead and ignored my full re-spec for this character and leveled up. This build seems pretty good and I'm going to keep going with it.

My claw shadow definitely has better survivability now, but my damage didn't go up... which confuses me because i have quite a few of the physical damage talents which were buffed. I expected a decent increase to damage, but i still top out at 3k dps with full frenzy charges. Same as before the patch, so i dunno.

Anyone else notice more currency dropping?

Also--damn them for nerfing resistances. I lost 14% Resist All across 4 talents :(

Last edited:
Holy balls, that's quite the build. The link in the video to his passive tree is broken - does anyone know more about what he's using. I'm still new enough to the game that I don't recognize a lot of the skills.

Yea i also cannot tell what his main spam move is...

What's your favorite melee move combination with multistrike? I have it on my dual strike atm, and it seems to boost my dps on single targets, which is sweet. An added bonus is that when another guy comes into range while i'm taking down a boss or something it'll kill it, refreshing my frenzy stacks.

For AoE, i've been using Cyclone. Does its damage scale with attack speed? or is that a move better saved for 2-handed specs? Now that there are mob HP bars and i can see it taking down the guys, cyclone seems better than i thought it was.

I'm still experimenting on my Templar. Glacial Hammer + Melee Splash + Elemental Proliferation, Leap Slam + Melee Additional + Added Cold + Life Leech, Flicker Strike + ??don't remember, Shield Charge + ?? don't remember. Get's me in and out of trouble very quickly.

I haven't tried Multi Strike on any builds, yet.

Holy balls, that's quite the build. The link in the video to his passive tree is broken - does anyone know more about what he's using. I'm still new enough to the game that I don't recognize a lot of the skills.

Near the end of the video he has a freeze frame of his skill tree, you can pretty much just use that until he fixes the link (or you might be able to extract the build from the link ).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back