Path of Exile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, Onslaught is kind of a major let down compared to Anarchy. Why would they do that? Why not just make them the same?

Man, Onslaught is kind of a major let down compared to Anarchy. Why would they do that? Why not just make them the same?

They want to test the rogue exiles before unleashing them on HC players. Plus, it's a balancing test run for future leagues.

I'll admit, I have much more interest in Anarchy, but ideally would like a mix of Onslaught, Anarchy and Cutthroat. That would be balls out.

They want to test the rogue exiles before unleashing them on HC players. Plus, it's a balancing test run for future leagues.

I'll admit, I have much more interest in Anarchy, but ideally would like a mix of Onslaught, Anarchy and Cutthroat. That would be balls out.

The SC folks are more like to bitch about something killing them than HC. HC people are usually way over-leveled, way over-geared, and way over-tank specced.

I said the same thing on the PoE forums. It's a new league. Who cares if people die to new shit? It's not like there was a patch and someone logs in with their lvl 90+ char and gets one shot. No sense in complaining though. They aren't going to change it. I can't see myself playing it very long though with the same old crap.

They aren't going to change it. I can't see myself playing it very long though with the same old crap.

Says the D3 lover ::ba-dum-ching::

If I can keep myself interested long enough to get leveled, I'll probably make my Anarchy character my new "main", then when the league is over I'll have two geared chars in normal, and hopefully by that time there will be some "game changing" uniques / patches out in the wild that will spruce the game up.

Says the D3 lover ::ba-dum-ching::

If I can keep myself interested long enough to get leveled, I'll probably make my Anarchy character my new "main", then when the league is over I'll have two geared chars in normal, and hopefully by that time there will be some "game changing" uniques / patches out in the wild that will spruce the game up.

I haven't gone back to D3 either. It certainly has more pre-endgame content though.

I'd like rogue exiles to be a random chance roll on rare maps for all leagues. I'm not sure why they didn't put them in Onslaught, but something like that would help.

Right after the patch hit I got some very good drops, first drop was a upgrade for my boots (high armor + 91 hp), second drop was a sweet belt with 60 str and some other stuff, then a bringer of rain drops. (in a matter of 5 mins in lunaris)

Been thinking about the rain helment but i'm not convinced i'm even going to use it atm.

If you decide to sell let me know !

Roger that, I think it was 209% to armor and evasion and 213hp. Has 3 sockets, and 2 links.

I'm going to play around with it this weekend and see if i'm going to keep it. If not i'll let you know.

Right after the patch hit I got some very good drops, first drop was a upgrade for my boots (high armor + 91 hp), second drop was a sweet belt with 60 str and some other stuff, then a bringer of rain drops. (in a matter of 5 mins in lunaris)

Been thinking about the rain helment but i'm not convinced i'm even going to use it atm.

Man that's crazy. I've been trying to chance the bringer of rain for my claw guy. No such luck yet.

I haven't gone back to D3 either. It certainly has more pre-endgame content though.

You've been trolling this thread and contributing nothing for a while. Probably time for a mod to step in and ban you from this thread. In fact, every non-D3 thread in this sub forum.

You've been trolling this thread and contributing nothing for a while. Probably time for a mod to step in and ban you from this thread. In fact, every non-D3 thread in this sub forum.

His trolling used to upset me back when he had hardly played the game but at this point he's put in enough time to be critical.

Up until yesterday, I hadn't posted in this thread in months. Sorry you're so upset that I said something that wasn't entirely positive about PoE.

Up until yesterday, I hadn't posted in this thread in months. Sorry you're so upset that I said something that wasn't entirely positive about PoE.

PoE has some problems. But you've already destroyed your credibility in the aRPG space, so really you're just talking to no one in particular when you give vital, game changing advice like this (each from a distinct post):

I installed it again and promptly uninstalled it again. I still don't get it. The graphics aren't good. Movement/combat/control still doesn't feel very fluid either.

... It just feels clunky - the movement and attacking.. It doesn't feel right at all.... The running animation even looks as awkward as it feels lol

Yea, it's not much fun is it?

PoE isn't in the same league as any Diablo game.

I thought the same thing.
[Referencing a poster who dislikes the animations]

I really dislike a lot of things about this game, especially some small things that have no business being left out (i.e. You have to click and drag items to vendor or equip instead of being able to right click). Combat and skills are extremely clunky. Fireball kiting on a witch h feels absolutely terrible...

PoE fanboys are the worst I've ever seen. They are by far the most elitist group of gamers I've met in a long, long time, and I've been a part of some elitist groups myself.

The forums are absolutely pathetic. I doubt it's all "newcomers." I have a feeling it does have something to do with the addition of newcomers to the equation though.
Ironic.

And then you started getting into the game, so you decided to use this thread as your own personal twitter feed:

I finally hit lvl 50. I'm almost to Vaal in cruel difficulty. No way I'm even going to attempt it until I get way better gear. I feel like almost everything I have equipped is mediocre at best.

I FINALLY got a weapon upgrade. At lvl 46 I was still using a lvl 29 weapon. The game feels so much better again lol

Etc.

You aren't even replying to anyone!

Nobody in this thread has solicited your highly-biased opinion. Your words, positive or negative, simply aren't credible given what we know about your time in D3 and your vocal defense of the game.

Nobody in this thread has solicited your highly-biased opinion. Your words, positive or negative, simply aren't credible given what we know about your time in D3 and your vocal defense of the game.

Christ give it a rest. Your trolling big_aug is more obnoxious imo.

BTW I like trolling both the PoE and D3 threads, so i'm the :cool:est

Oh, and my twitter post:

Finally getting some currency from farming ledge today. Got 6 levels in a short amount of time, but still no upgrades from cruel to merciless :( :( :(

It will be interesting to see the range of items the rogue exiles drop. I expect them to shit loot out like goblins in D3.

PoE has some problems. But you've already destroyed your credibility in the aRPG space, so really you're just talking to no one in particular when you give vital, game changing advice like this (each from a distinct post):

[Referencing a poster who dislikes the animations]

Ironic.

And then you started getting into the game, so you decided to use this thread as your own personal twitter feed:

Etc.

You aren't even replying to anyone!

Add some dates to those posts. If you don't like my opinions, feel free to ignore them.

My thoughts aren't credible because I like Diablo 3?:rolleyes: Why do you care what I think anyway being that I'm not credible?

Edit: My dates were off. I posted in this thread on May 31st. Prior to that, I had posted one time since March when I stopped playing it.

Last edited:
It will be interesting to see the range of items the rogue exiles drop. I expect them to shit loot out like goblins in D3.

I can see it being like Piety, where there's a huge explosion of loot and a 6 person rush to find the one good item. :D

Level 80 is 21 to go.

So 80 is 99 skill points and 76 would be 95. Nice.

Anyone want to play Onslaught league on Saturday? I plan on remaking my shield marauder.

Actually, the leagues start tomorrow right?

Last edited:
I may start an Onslaught character, definitely starting an Anarchy one.

Patch for leagues is tomorrow evening.

what? Man you're reading it totally wrong. big_aug is the "typical bad gamer". She has ok but not good taste. :cool::cool::cool::cool::D:D:D:D:D:D

Speaking of... Piety is quite a bit easier now, post patch.

The main reason she was hard was when she switched from blue to red quickly, and froze you and then went red and got a really strong hit on you (though last time I fought her there was this trio of marauders who killed her very, very quickly and I barely did anything...).. :D

Though, the hardest boss in the game by far is Oak.

I always found the first Piety in Act 3 harder. That damn lighting rapes you.

Aiiiiiiiiiii ft ft ft ft ft ft!!!!

Still can't decide what to play in Anarchy. I want to do something crazy without worrying about dying.

Still can't decide what to play in Anarchy. I want to do something crazy without worrying about dying.

Originally I thought Blood magic ranger with Chaos inoculation.

Pros:
You will have a unique build
You can use pretty much anything with ES
You wont have to worry about most stats on gear, they are all terrible
You wont have to pick up health nodes or life regen nodes ever meaning you can concentrate on the important skills
100% Chaos immunity
Everyone will think you are pro
You wont get killed as long as you stay in towns and never use any skills.
You will be the undoubted hardcorest player ever when you get to level 30.

Cons:
No Midnight Bargain
It's possibly stupid.
It is stupid.
Very stupid.
Sometimes when you get low on life they make this vomiting noise which is annoying.

So I compromised and ended up with blood magic ranger. Just this time no Quill Rain and more life gain gems (because sometimes Quill Rain has a chance to kill you). Plus as a ranger you are at range and wont get hit really (more survivable).

Or, just skip the blood magic. But you'll have to run away lots.

LOL. Thanks. I've seen some blood magic ranger builds, I should check them out.

I'm thinking spork totem bow ranger for Anarchy. I'm going to play around with the passive tree during lunch.

It's weird with the changes to life nodes. My build only has 190% life and I could only push it to a max of 230% or so :(

I'm going to stick to Anarchy at first. Having trouble deciding what build to start off with though.

Some ideas:

Glacial splash Templar
CI claw Shadow - dual wield or claw + shield?
2H flicker Duelist (this was my latest build in standard before I took a break, was pretty fun)
Physical hybrid bow Ranger (this is my "main" in standard)
DW axe duelist?

I suppose a Sporker would be the best build to start off with, as it can feed my other characters. I've never made one before, so I guess it would be something new to me. But I think I would prefer to go melee.

It'll be fun to have a fresh start. It gets old pretty fast when you've got the perfect set of gear for leveling 1-50 and you just run through everything.

I'm scared of Vaal Merciless again :(

Oh god, he'll have 20% attack/cast speed too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back