Path of Exile

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can Cast purity, then re-allocate it's skill slot to a different skill and retain the aura (at the cost of the mana of course). Same with clarity. Free 2 skill slots :) (although finding space for the gems can be hard).

Other tip: If you wish to level gems but not use them, put them in your weapon switch.

Pro tips thanks,

You make me sick. IIR and IIQ are like water and oxygen.

:(

I would say that IIR and IIQ are more like... well actually i can't think of a good analogy.

Something you need but don't want.

I just don't enjoy the situation it has put my Witch into. I have all this badass gear that i feel like i should be wearing, but it doesn't have any IIR/IIQ on it. It makes me kick ass and that's fun, but what's the point of kicking ass if you have no IIR/IIQ? The entire point of the game is getting gear to drop, so it has to be your #1 priority.

So now i got my witch with all these unique items for IIQ taking up gear slots which previously made me own. I don't dare go back to my pwn set though, because what's the point?

Anyway, don't mind me. I know i'm probably in the minority here. But i would absolutely love a league which sets you free from this annoyance and just lets you put on the best gear you can find.

Summoners are fucking awesome. How I neglected to try them before blows my mind when I loved d2 necro.

And found my first exalt in like a year lol

And perfect example about the group HP increase being too much.

In merc fellshrine groups, you skip rocks. They take literally FOREVER now. They almost insta melt while i'm soloing.

And perfect example about the group HP increase being too much.

In merc fellshrine groups, you skip rocks. They take literally FOREVER now. They almost insta melt while i'm soloing.

How big are your groups?

I am playing with 1 other person and we melted rocks just fine last night...

:(

I would say that IIR and IIQ are more like... well actually i can't think of a good analogy.

Something you need but don't want.

I just don't enjoy the situation it has put my Witch into. I have all this badass gear that i feel like i should be wearing, but it doesn't have any IIR/IIQ on it. It makes me kick ass and that's fun, but what's the point of kicking ass if you have no IIR/IIQ? The entire point of the game is getting gear to drop, so it has to be your #1 priority.

So now i got my witch with all these unique items for IIQ taking up gear slots which previously made me own. I don't dare go back to my pwn set though, because what's the point?

Anyway, don't mind me. I know i'm probably in the minority here. But i would absolutely love a league which sets you free from this annoyance and just lets you put on the best gear you can find.

Have 1 character for MF and another for pwnage, that's how I did it in d2. Sorc for MF runs and Hammerdin for pew pew. Can essentially do the same in this game.

I used to skip rocks when I was spark spec because they have inherent 75% (?) lit resist. Even with curse / penetration it'd be significantly slower than any other mob type.

Choco, I slowly but surely rotated out most of my MF uniques, now its just Wanderlust and Rathpith (simply due to the spell block). I can easily swap my chaos ring back with my andvarius, but its already been outed that the diminishing returns on MF gear is higher now, so my "guess" is that it gets sharp around the 200 rarity / 100 quantity mark (right around where I happen to be). I could be wrong of course.

Just suck it up and drop some of the MF, or spend lotsa currency/luck making gear that has both MF and great stats.

I noticed groups of 2 or 3 players the hp scale isn't too bad but anymore than 3 is when things take too long to kill. I guess I've always skipped rocks in Merc Fellshrine, even before release those took a long time to kill.

Have 1 character for MF and another for pwnage, that's how I did it in d2. Sorc for MF runs and Hammerdin for pew pew. Can essentially do the same in this game.

Sure, but what i'm getting at is: What's the point of a pwnage character in a game all about getting gear to drop? I guess with PVP there is finally a reason to for a pwnage set. I still have yet to try it out. Maybe there's my reason for good gear.

Well, the way ilvls work in this game the absolute best mods only occur on items dropped in 76+ maps which generally require pwnage gear not MF gear.

Now, its probably fair to say that you can build wealth and therefore acquire said items faster by just MF'ing lower level content anyway, but the fact remains that SOMEBODY has to go do 76+ maps and the less people do insane content the more valuable those high ilvl items become :p

I have two chars as well, one for loot and one for pwnage. Every once in a while its nice to kill piety in 2 seconds :)

So I feel like they've effectively ruined pick up group leveling with the increases in monster HP. It is absolutely awful. I can clear shit faster solo unless everyone in the group is a straight baller with great gear. What this means is that if you you have less than great gear and you group with other people with less than great gear, you're actually worse off than before lol

Perhaps that's why the group I joined last night required 18.5K+ dps to join the group. We were blazing through some 70-73 maps.

I had not played my lvl 80 facebreaking infernal blow marauder in a while. Added on 2 cast on damage gems (one lvl 1 and one lvl2 )with enduring cry on both, tempest shield, molten shell, enfeeble curse, and discharge! I have a max of 7 endurance charges. In maps I'm constantly discharging in addition to my OP infernal blow. It's pretty hilarious.
On reflect maps I take out the discharge gem and run around with a constant 7 endurance charges. i didn't use enduring cry much before 1.0.0 and i hated reflect maps. Last night they were pretty easy.

I don't know if it is something with my connection but my nemisis characters keep dying to a crazy desync or lag spike everytime.

Getting kinda old

Yea I know that but it just seems like the desync is worse since release. Either that or I am just bad at the game now LOL.

Both and neither. Desync goes up and down like the tides.

Build and play so that at any given moment you can be completely out of control of your character for 1-2 seconds, without dying. That is the only way to beat desync.

Yea i think i am gonna just play this next character (a duelist) a lot slower and not push as quick to level as I have been doing in the past

Both and neither. Desync goes up and down like the tides.

Build and play so that at any given moment you can be completely out of control of your character for 1-2 seconds, without dying. That is the only way to beat desync.

No, its been WAY worse since release. Their servers can't handle the amount of new players, and they're having terrible stability issues. That's why people are having constant DC's. That's why there are no high level map groups. Desync now isn't just the occasional teleport across the room either, its a full on 5-10 seconds of unresponsiveness and /OOS doesn't even work. There's no way to build around that.

The 3-4 full screen leap slam desyncs are pretty epic though, right? lol

There's no excuse for it. I doubt they'll ever make extensive changes as the fanboys will continue to circle jerk regardless.

On a positive note, they've mentioned Bandit Respecs are coming soon. That's awesome.

Not saying it doesn't happen to some people but I don't seem to experience giant desyncs. I do get smaller short ones but not the kind where i teleport across the whole screen. I hear enough people complain about it that I'm sure it does happen but I guess I've been lucky. I've had very few deaths that I would blame on desync.

This is also interesting:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/575351 < it doesn't solve desync but it seems they've gotten the overloaded servers straightened out.

Last edited:
I had a desync last night that took me from the 3rd level of Sceptre of God back down to the 2nd level. I almost died from lag about 2 minutes after that again so I just logged out for the night. Playing hardcore is similiar to playing a texas hold em poker tournament, getting high on the ladder is like making the final table. You gotta dodge some bullets, you have to have some skill, you have to get lucky here and there, but mostly have to avoid getting unlucky.

I've been away from it for over a year but didn't they once say that since their method of combat differs from all other arpgs of this type, the desync can't be solved? Something about missing hits being possible and no one else does missing?

I've been away from it for over a year but didn't they once say that since their method of combat differs from all other arpgs of this type, the desync can't be solved? Something about missing hits being possible and no one else does missing?

They have said that it is a very complex problem to get fix desync and it may not be completely possible.

they need to find some way to fix it or mask it. il pay a to be ably to play on a better sever. i really do not see how any one does hc guys. my guy is a tank whit 100sec hp regain and high life leach and ev and ac and i still die to desync some times. and when it happens its really bad now, before it only happen when you would run fast or use a skill that made you move a lot. now it hapnes just sitting there attacking and then bam your standing in another room whit mobs all over you and in a very bad spot and even though you been attacking the last 3+ secs you haven't hit 1 mob and your low on hp

The dominus fight is terrifying the first time you do it. I went into that fight blind on my dual wield cleave character and had more than a few close calls. (Really scary on Nemesis when you have a few really really good uniques that you could potentially lose)

I also am really close to building the Taming x2. Not sure what kind of build I will do with that, but I liked the item and wanted to see what two would do.

I tried a few 74+ maps with my witch, including a 77 shrine map. I can safely say that until CWDT gets nerfed, I'm "end game", while running 188% rarity and 68% quantity. Piety still raped my face (yay for ice arrows), but I was earlier in the night able to finally ding 83 (i haven't leveled in ... 6months?).

Inspired by this post/build: http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/1pos49/introducing_the_aura_spec/

I decided to throw a couple points in increased auras, and I'm sold. My next 4-5 points are going in to aura buffs; mind you, I run 2 BM and 2 Mana so I'd be stupid not to, but if you're close to some nodes; you might wanna crunch the numbers and see if dropping some other nodes to buff auras you use (example: I dropped a mana regen node but had a net positive effect because I buffed my clarity).

I also am really close to building the Taming x2. Not sure what kind of build I will do with that, but I liked the item and wanted to see what two would do.

That's gonna take some work just to get 2 of them, but you could make a nice ele build for it.

I tried a few 74+ maps with my witch, including a 77 shrine map. I can safely say that until CWDT gets nerfed, I'm "end game", while running 188% rarity and 68% quantity. Piety still raped my face (yay for ice arrows), but I was earlier in the night able to finally ding 83 (i haven't leveled in ... 6months?).

Inspired by this post/build: http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/1pos49/introducing_the_aura_spec/

I decided to throw a couple points in increased auras, and I'm sold. My next 4-5 points are going in to aura buffs; mind you, I run 2 BM and 2 Mana so I'd be stupid not to, but if you're close to some nodes; you might wanna crunch the numbers and see if dropping some other nodes to buff auras you use (example: I dropped a mana regen node but had a net positive effect because I buffed my clarity).

Yea, that's pretty crazy. And to think of all the whiners who don't understand why auras were changed. I'm thinking of reworking my bowshadow to hit some of these passives. I'm collecting some regrets as I did a full respec before looking too far into this type of build.

That build sure spends a lot of points just getting to one little node of reduced mana shit. Is it really that worth it?

I gotta say. I'm happy my first two characters in Nemesis died. I probably would never have tried a summoner otherwise. They're pretty awesome. Safely farming Catacombs right now and just got lvl 68. My minions literally mow down everything. It's definitely slower than a normal character because of targeting issues, but they do their job well. Dual curse is completely amazing. Looking forward to going triple curse once I have better gear in other slots.

Desync isn't as much of an issue when you have 24 minions to take the heat off you.

Still major issues with loot in this game. I haven't found an item I could equip in at least 25 levels. That includes several hours of Merv farming in a 6 man group with a 180mfer. She drops 30+ rares per run of which I've had full inventories and more from. None of them were usable. I had 3-4 lvl 20-40 items on at lvl 67 today before I bought a couple upgrades. Same old song and dance. Just no AH to make it bearable.

Last edited:
Having a blast with PoE, it feels like discovering D2 all over again. They deserve to make a ton of money on this game. I'm going to do a lot of microtransactions just so that I can support them. When is the last time you played a game and you felt strongly about donating your money to the devs? Not recently! I'd say they should release an expansion pack / next edition for full price, It's definitely going to sell. I sincerely hope it's going to grow to the same level of popularity as dota or D2, it easily deserves it.

I believe GGG will continue to release future acts for free the same way they do now. Buying more stash tabs is a good way to support them. Can never have too many tabs :D

Looking forward to Act 4, I wonder where the story will head to next :)

Still major issues with loot in this game. I haven't found an item I could equip in at least 25 levels. That includes several hours of Merv farming in a 6 man group with a 180mfer. She drops 30+ rares per run of which I've had full inventories and more from. None of them were usable. I had 3-4 lvl 20-40 items on at lvl 67 today before I bought a couple upgrades. Same old song and dance. Just no AH to make it bearable.

Merv drops ilvl55? items. You're going against the odds (higher ilvls = higher mods possible, as well as higher tiers of items themselves) with finding something that'll be considered an upgrade. With Summoners you're pretty locked down in the starting end game with best gear, usually several uniques AFAIK. Better off doing Lunaris/Piety runs which'll give you good xp and (if you can handle her) the loot explosion at Piety herself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back