Paypal fee question

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexlyc

Gawd
Buyer A with premier paypal account sent me $175 from bank account, paypal charge me $5.38 fee.
Buyer B with business paypal account sent me $158 from bank account, paypal doesn't charge me any fee.

My paypal account type is personal.

I thought receiving non credit card paypal payment is free (reference: Free vs. Fees)

Can someone fill me in? :confused:

buyer B sends instant payment as "gift" or form of personal
Buyer A send it as good purchase

PayPal charges for personal account payments now?

Yes, no matter what type of paypal account you have they will charge fees. They only way to get around it is the buyer sending payment as form of personal or "gift"

Yes, no matter what type of paypal account you have they will charge fees. They only way to get around it is the buyer sending payment as form of personal or "gift"

In which case the buyer pays the fee instead of the seller, IIRC.

TANFL, especially at PayPal.

You do not recall correctly. ;)

The problem with gift/personal payments, is that you give up what little protection you do have from Paypal. So if you send someone a gift payment, and they reply 30 seconds later saying "Hey, I'm not going to send you anything, thanks for the free money" you're screwed.

Thx for the responds, I'll never use paypal again :mad:.

Has anyone use Amazon WebPay before, it looks like a good alternative to paypal but the question remains: does it charge seller fee for receiving money?

Unless there was a change to paypal it's a violation of Paypal's TOS and EULA to charge customers or "buyers" for fees incurred by the seller.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back