PC gamers complain too much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjz_5

2[H]4U
every single day this is all you read about:

- Steam sucks, i need the internet to play the game (you dont after you activate it, and really, who cares if you need the internet.. and if you dont have the internet, why did you buy the game through steam in the first place!!! steam is the best thing ever, so easy, easy backup, easy installs, no serials...)

- DRM bullshit and game install limits (if you really bought the game, a simple call to the company will fix any issues..)

- Widescreen is not working correctly, it's displaying 4:3 ratio instead of 16:10/16:9 (play the game and have fun)

- Crysis runs like shit on my computer (do you have to run the game on high settings/res if you are running a geforce 8800... face it, pretty graphics requires a good computer... If they made crysis look like shit to run on all computers, gamers would complain that the game looks like shit)

- I hate company X, so i'm going to pirate the game (if you have a problem with the company, dont BUY and dont PLAY any of their games)

i could be here all day!!!!!!!!

<snip>

Well, I'm sure that if there weren't so many things to complain about, PC Gamers wouldn't. Unfortunately that's not the case:

- Every PC Gamer must be called a pirate
- Every PC Gamer must install unwanted software on their computer
- Every PC Gamer must have an internet connection to play single player games
- Every PC Gamer must rent a game for $50-60.
- Every PC Gamer must request additional install credits of a game they payed for
- Every PC Gamer must have his widescreen monitor ignored
- Every PC Gamer should suffer with mouse lag
- Every PC Gamer must buy console ports

And no, widescreen is not a 4:3 ratio...

Silus, "Every" should be "Many" since not all of those fit me at all & I'm an avid PC gamer.

Well if it wasnt for genuine PC issues, would this forum exist?
Do you know everything there is to know about PC's?
Do you predict bugs that will appear in games/drivers/hardware so you can avoid issues manifesting themselves?
Have you not had a performance issue?

You are whining yourself about legitimate problems, so who is worse?
Why are you even at this forum?

I'm not sure what's worse; Complaining about PC issues, or Complaining about people complaining about PC issues.

- Steam sucks, i need the internet to play the game (you dont after you activate it, and really, who cares if you need the internet.. and if you dont have the internet, why did you buy the game through steam in the first place!!! steam is the best thing ever, so easy, easy backup, easy installs, no serials...)
Most people I have heard have nothing but good things to say about steam. The only people who would complain are people who bought it off the shelf and might want to play on a laptop where there is no internet or a desktop that has no internet access. I will apply to both cases at different times, but I deal with it.

- DRM bullshit and game install limits (if you really bought the game, a simple call to the company will fix any issues..)
I will not get into the whole effectiveness of the DRM issue. However, the install limits are BS. I bought the license to use that software - for all time when I want to and on what machine I want to. These are $50 video games, not $5000 CAD programs, and it is unnecessary for these companies to waste my time. A phone call should not be necessary to install my game.

- Widescreen is really a 4:3 ratio (play the game and have fun)
Widescreen ratios are 16:10 or 16:9. Widescreen lets you see far more than 4:3 plus it is much more natural for your eyes. I have more fun on widescreen. Widescreen has been around for years - it should be an industry standard by now.

- Crysis runs like shit on my computer (do you have to run the game on high settings/res if you are running a geforce 8800... face it, pretty graphics requires a good computer... If they made crysis look like shit to run on all computers, gamers would complain that the game looks like shit)
QFT

- I hate company X, so i'm going to pirate the game (if you have a problem with the company, dont BUY and dont PLAY any of their games)
Stop assuming PC gamers pirate everything. I haven't played many good games because of DRM. Emphasis on PLAYED. Only games I have pirated are nol longer sold, and I haven't done that for years.

Self entitlement, arrogance, and anonymity are the lifeblood of the internet.

Silus, "Every" should be "Many" since not all of those fit me at all & I'm an avid PC gamer.

Oh really ?

You may not be a pirate, but you were called one by Ubisoft, Epic and so on.
And being a PC Gamer, you also bought some games with draconian DRM schemes, that install unwanted software on your computer. And by doing so, you also fit in the category that rented a game for $50-60 and may need to request additional install credits in time. You also most likely bought games that still do not support widescreen monitors, that are prevalent nowadays. And most of those games are console ports.

Etc, Etc...

So you either got a very special batch of games, just for you (which you didn't) or you apply to every single category I described.

Silus,

I don't apply to every single statement you made. I'm not renting the games I play despite DRM since I choose to play them over & over again. I honestly hate generalizations & blanket statements that wreak of trying to prove personal views rather than taking a humbling view that not all adhere to such.

Simply enough, don't restrict people for who they are with what you believe they should be. A PC gamer is not synonymous with all of what you have said. True, we may all be called pirates in falsehood of what publishers say in blame for their own self-caused issues. This doesn't mean I feed the trolls that keep ranting about being called pirates & hating on DRM. I don't care for either BUT I will not make it an obsession to be focused upon all of the time. There's more to gaming than the issues presented. I still enjoy myself thoroughly will almost every game I choose to play, regardless of what problems may be at hand with PC gaming in general.

not everyone is ever happy. All I have to say overall is that before they come out with the games they need focus on the prime area to make a game fully successful. just my 2 cents.

Silus,

I don't apply to every single statement you made. I'm not renting the games I play despite DRM since I choose to play them over & over again. I honestly hate generalizations & blanket statements that wreak of trying to prove personal views rather than taking a humbling view that not all adhere to such.

Simply enough, don't restrict people for who they are with what you believe they should be. A PC gamer is not synonymous with all of what you have said. True, we may all be called pirates in falsehood of what publishers say in blame for their own self-caused issues. This doesn't mean I feed the trolls that keep ranting about being called pirates & hating on DRM. I don't care for either BUT I will not make it an obsession to be focused upon all of the time. There's more to gaming than the issues presented. I still enjoy myself thoroughly will almost every game I choose to play, regardless of what problems may be at hand with PC gaming in general.

The funny thing is that, despite your pompous post, it seems you still fail to realize that what I pointed out in my first post in this thread, is NOT my personal view, but rather what the industry is doing to PC Games and those are facts, not opinions.

Can you seriously pick one of those categories and say that that is not what's being done by the majority of software houses these days ? I would really like to know which...

The funny thing is that, despite your pompous post, it seems you still fail to realize that what I pointed out in my first post in this thread, is NOT my personal view, but rather what the industry is doing to PC Games and those are facts, not opinions.

Can you seriously pick one of those categories and say that that is not what's being done by the majority of software houses these days ? I would really like to know which...

How is it pompous? I was stating my personal feelings about it. Yes, I did confuse what you posted for your own personal opinions BUT you have stated similar views about the PC gaming industry. This is why I feel that such facts are biased towards your disgust towards ALL publishers & many developers.

I assume the OP would rather us all be blissfully ignorant living in our little bubbles.

Well if it wasnt for genuine PC issues, would this forum exist?
Do you know everything there is to know about PC's?
Do you predict bugs that will appear in games/drivers/hardware so you can avoid issues manifesting themselves?
Have you not had a performance issue?

You are whining yourself about legitimate problems, so who is worse?
Why are you even at this forum?

you unknowingly bring up a good point though. There should be a gaming tech support/bitching forum, and a forum where people discuss actual games, where people can go for some positive information, get hyped for upcoming games etc.

How is it pompous? I was stating my personal feelings about it.

"Pompous" because it was worded correctly and you eloquently stated your opinion, even if you assumed too much. Nothing more :)

CrimsonKnight13 said:
Yes, I did confuse what you posted for your own personal opinions BUT you have stated similar views about the PC gaming industry. This is why I feel that such facts are biased towards your disgust towards ALL publishers & many developers.

I have, because that's exactly where the industry is headed right now. Which is why I pointed out, again in my first post, that if there weren't so many things to complain about, PC Gamers wouldn't. But unfortunately, there are.

I call for a STFU button. It was obvious from the beginning that this post was going no where fast, and yet there is so much arguing.

So....

STFU!

"Pompous" because it was worded correctly and you eloquently stated your opinion, even if you assumed too much. Nothing more :)

I appreciate the honesty. I've had negative responses to my utilization of vocabulary & I may not always be as fluid as I was in that post. I do try my best to properly explain myself.

I have, because that's exactly where the industry is headed right now. Which is why I pointed out, again in my first post, that if there weren't so many things to complain about, PC Gamers wouldn't. But unfortunately, there are.

Understandable, since I, too, tire of it quite a bit. Not much more for me to say though... I'm already feeling burnt out from all of the threads that have touched on this subject. :(

you unknowingly bring up a good point though. There should be a gaming tech support/bitching forum, and a forum where people discuss actual games, where people can go for some positive information, get hyped for upcoming games etc.

lol, you try and separate the two and keep it that way :D

every single day this is all you read about:

- Widescreen is not working correctly, it's displaying 4:3 ratio instead of 16:10/16:9 (play the game and have fun)

get back under your bridge troll

Pot calling the kettle black? I think the OP complains too much about complaining....

i know i am complaining about people complaining.. But hey, i'm sick of all the complaining :)

I am sick and tired of all the comlaining and whining....I mean jeez, what is with all of this? Is there not something better to do than for all of us to slam/flame/troll/laugh/complain/whine about the whining and comlaining? :D

Can I have some cheese?:p

I'd much rather blow my brains out than play a modern game that doesn't support wide aspect ratios correctly. I'm happy to do fixed-aspect scaling for older games when I need to, but this is 2008. If you're not correctly supporting widescreen resolutions, you absolutely don't deserve to make a dime on your title (because you're an absolute failure). It's truly that simple.

Who the hell says that?

Seems to me you're going around assuming every person that says they don't like Company X or Game Y resorts to piracy. That's absolutely ridiculous, absurd and blatantly offensive.

PC Gamers demand the best! :eek: :p

Precisely. [H] PC gamers are elitists spending in some cases multiple thousands of dollar per year on hardware and what have you. If you demand the best of course you will have high expectations it goes hand in hand. As does not being satisfied when expectations are not met

to the people that pirate.. no everyone, but the specific population.. they spend 1000s of dollars a year on their computers, yet they dont purchase any games to support the hard working men and women

hit the nail on the head. right f'in on the head.

2i7n42x.jpg

PC gamers complain too much = because pc users have HIGH expectations ;)

Also not many "kids" play pc games so we have a eye for detail and perfection. take oblivion for example. console fans love it to death while alot of pc users hate oblivion(i personaly loved oblivion on the pc).

kids will play any game with pretty graphics and a game heavily advertised while pc users expect breath taking visuals and the gameplay to back it up also

People, PLEASE dont feed the trolls. It only makes them come back for more scraps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back