PC left 4 dead splitscreen

forrehmmnd

[H]ard|Gawd
Have any of you tried this ? I find it a great alternative for those who dont have a console, its a little bit of a pain to set up but once you get it working its just as good as playing it on a console.

Yea, I'd like to see some salsa too.. The thought of Split-screen PC is kind of making my eye twitch.

Edit: I assume you need two computers... In which case, why not just lan?

Yeah, I do it with my son every now and then. Its great! I created a thread ages ago about how to get it to fill the entire screen when spanned across 2880x900:

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1366916&highlight=splitscreen

I figured out later there is a config called splitscreen.cfg and you can update the display ratio in it and it will fill the screen properly.

Yea, I'd like to see some salsa too.. The thought of Split-screen PC is kind of making my eye twitch.

Edit: I assume you need two computers... In which case, why not just lan?

L4D unofficially supports splitscreen (ss_enable 1), so if you have two monitors you can do a vertical split and its like having two machines. One person uses KB+mouse, the other uses a controller.

Yeah, I do it with my son every now and then. Its great! I created a thread ages ago about how to get it to fill the entire screen when spanned across 2880x900:

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1366916&highlight=splitscreen

I figured out later there is a config called splitscreen.cfg and you can update the display ratio in it and it will fill the screen properly.

L4D unofficially supports splitscreen (ss_enable 1), so if you have two monitors you can do a vertical split and its like having two machines. One person uses KB+mouse, the other uses a controller.

I have tried this for my son and my nephew, but I was hoping that having 2 360 controllers plugged in would work. It did not though. I thought that I read somewhere that someone got the game to work using 2 360 controllers. Does anyone know if it's possible to use 2 controllers instead of 1 controller + mouse & keyboard?

I have tried this for my son and my nephew, but I was hoping that having 2 360 controllers plugged in would work. It did not though. I thought that I read somewhere that someone got the game to work using 2 360 controllers. Does anyone know if it's possible to use 2 controllers instead of 1 controller + mouse & keyboard?

Yeah you can do it, all the binds for "joy_" are duplicated for "joy2_" and "cmd" for "cmd2", so you just have to manually set it up.

Back