PC mp3 to Razr V3c ringtones ?

AlphexHunter

Limp Gawd
Hey guy's
I just bought a Razr V3c from Bell. But I would like to know how can I upload music into it I heard you needed to buy a cd of some sort but is there any alternatives to this because my phone only takes 30mb so I will only puthing max 5 to 10 songs and I dont want to spend that kind of money for the cd just for 5, 10 songs... I do have a Usb cable from my digital camera lol and I think it works because as soon as I plug my razr to it it reconises that my razr is plugged. But I can't access the information or upload anything...

Thank you and Merry Christmas!
-Alex

I am not familiar with your model of phone, but it sounds like you may have the hardware connection taken care of. For software, see if you can get the free program BitPim (http://www.bitpim.org/) to recognize your phone through that cable.

does an app like motorola tools work with multiple models of motorola phones, or just the RAZR?

Only thing you need is a bluetooth dongle for about $5 online..

Use two programs. Windows Sound Recorder, and dBpowerAMP Music Converter. (dB is a free download)

1) Find your MP3. Open it in dBpowerAMP and change it to a WAV file.
2) Open the WAV in Windows Sound Recorder and cut it to the lengh or parts you want for the ringtone.
3) Use dBpowerAMP to re-encode it back to mp3 at mono 64kbps. It doesn't matter because the ringtone will sound the same on the shitty tin speaker when it plays back when someone calls you.
4) Connect to your phone from your pc via bluetooth and go to the file transfer to send the ringtone. Drag it into the phone's 'sounds' folder.
5) Done.. just go on your phone and set the ringtone as your ringer.

Or, if you can figure out your USB cable use that. You might need Motorola Phone Tools for the USB use. Bluetooth however you do not need it.

if the phone has disabled bluetooth obex, then transfering via bluetooth is not an option.

Well, he already has the datacable, all you would have to do is re-enable OBEX with the P2Kman utility. Its pretty easy and there's tons of tutorials out there for the Razr on exactly how to do it.

I hacked up mine (a VZW one, the most gimped of all) with Motorola PST, P2K commander, and a USB 5 pin cable.

www.hacktherazr.com is what I used, but I'm using a V3m, the slightly newer model.

You can use motorola phone tools or MobileEdit! to transfer MP3s to your phone. I used mobileedit to put mp3s on my phone that i edited with Audacity.

BillLeeLee said:
I hacked up mine (a VZW one, the most gimped of all) with Motorola PST, P2K commander, and a USB 5 pin cable.

www.hacktherazr.com is what I used, but I'm using a V3m, the slightly newer model.

They are identical minus the TF slot, the firmware is even similar. I had the V3Cfirmware on mine, because the Verizon UI is terrible, and the audio quality was terrible. So the media function was useless.

Visit: www.howardforums.com or www.motomodders.net

If all else fails, send an e-mail to: [email protected]

I have everything you need.

well I found the solution couple of days ago.. gonna be totaly honest I downloaded this from limewire instead of paying 50$ for it MOTOROLA PHONE TOOLS 4 works super thanks guy's!

Back