PC P&C 510... quad core and 8800GTX?

have2p

Limp Gawd
I've got a PC P&C 510 and it works great with my E6600 and 7800GT.

However, I'm seriously considering replacing my E6600 with a Q6600 and my 7800GT with an 8800GTX. Will the 510 have enough juice to keep this beast running?

Thanks.

Should be fine IMO, if the rest of your system is pretty reasonable. 1-2 hdd, 1-2 cdroms, soundcard.

since your upgrading everything else, why not new PS? :D but yes that PS should be fine for single GPU.

Your PC Power 510 should be plenty for that rig. I can't see you having any issues unless you have an unusual amount of hardware.

Your PC Power 510 should be plenty for that rig. I can't see you having any issues unless you have an unusual amount of hardware.

Yeah which is why I asked for a list of his hardware to begin with. If it's minimal he should be fine but if he's a storage freak it might get problematic. That or he's running TEC on his PSU (commercial setups like CoolIT or the TEC air coolers) which might present a problem although I doubt he is.

Yeah which is why I asked for a list of his hardware to begin with. If it's minimal he should be fine but if he's a storage freak it might get problematic. That or he's running TEC on his PSU (commercial setups like CoolIT or the TEC air coolers) which might present a problem although I doubt he is.

Right, although the PC Power 510 is a little beast with very good specs. ;)

They look good on paper and I've read good things but I've never laid my hands on any PC P&C PSU other than the 850SSI tri rail and it was nice and stable but it was loud. Audibility aside, I don't have any doubts about the 510 being a good PSU but they all have limitations. I'd just like to know for certain he's not going to be exceeding the limitations of his before I just give a blanket "You're golden". I hate hearing "It's your fault, you said it was OK" stuff.

I would suggest the P&C PSU in my sig If you want to future proof your
system.

well on my Liberty 500 so far I've had a
core 2 duo E6400 @ 3.2
2GB of ram
8800GTX oc'ed to 600/2000
5 SATA II HDs
3 120mm LED Fans, 1 200mm fan, on a P965 DS3 gb board
ran 100% stable =)

Back