PC Power & Cooling 510 vs Antec Truepower II 550

Cr@zZy

Limp Gawd
I am really having trouble deciding if the PC Power & Cooling 510 (listed on newegg for $206 link) is really worth the $100 price increase over the antec TPII 550(here). I know the PC P&C is of much higher quality and is really more like a 650 watt PS, but for my system specs I am not total sure I want or need to spend that much more money. What I'm asking is do you think an antec 550 can handle this system, and if not is the PC P&C a good option and worth the extra $100? any other suggestions?

This is what will be in this computer:

DFI NF4 Ultra-D
X800XL (will buy next gen video card in about a year)
AMD athlon X2 3800+ - OCed to max hopefully ~ 2.7 ghz
1 GB RAM - OCed
IDE RAID card
Audigy 2 card
TV tuner card
4+ HDDs
DVD/RW
floppy
5 Fans

Thanks for your input!

I wouldn't go for the PC P&C unless you have the extra money, and noise isn't an issue for you. The Antec is just fine, and I actually am probably going to buy one myself in the future.

dynamiks said:
I wouldn't go for the PC P&C unless you have the extra money, and noise isn't an issue for you. The Antec is just fine, and I actually am probably going to buy one myself in the future.
I'm not looking for a silent system but i don't want it to be too noisy, just how loud is this thing?

Cr@zZy said:
I'm not looking for a silent system but i don't want it to be too noisy, just how loud is this thing?

Small airplane....I jest.. I jest. It kind of depends on whjat 5 fan's you are going to use if you will hear it or not.

Back