PCI Clock Synchronization Mode, auto, to cpu, 33.33MHz?

einer2060

Limp Gawd
PCI Clock Synchronization Mode, Asus A8Nsli, athlon64 4000+ trying to overclock, i think my LCD monitor got a damage from overclock (changed default colors) is it posible the video card gets to mutch from PCIExpres port?

PCI Clock Synchronization Mode (i have 3 choices):
auto,
to cpu,
33.33MHz

witch one to set when not overclocking and more important, witch one when overclocking??

Also i have DDRvoltage on "auto" it starts with 2,6 volts should i do it from auto to 2,6?
What is the HT Voltage (default 1,2) for?

THANK YOU VERY MUCH IN ADVANCE!

If you don't set them to 33/100 the data on your hard disks might get corrupted :p If you want that, then be my guest. Set that PCI bus to 50mhz and let it rip.

Seriously though, you'd be overclocking non-performance related components of your system. Overclocking these other buses likely won't net you any "points" in any benchmark you care about. I'd recommend setting them to 33 or 100 if you're overclocking. If not overclocking, just leave them on auto.

mattsaccount said:
If you don't set them to 33/100 the data on your hard disks might get corrupted :p If you want that, then be my guest. Set that PCI bus to 50mhz and let it rip.

Seriously though, you'd be overclocking non-performance related components of your system. Overclocking these other buses likely won't net you any "points" in any benchmark you care about. I'd recommend setting them to 33 or 100 if you're overclocking. If not overclocking, just leave them on auto.

Then why do they even have the option? Are there components out there that take advantage of the change?

I think some boards OC a little better with a little faster PCIe/PCI bus. Other than that, there really is no reason not to have them locked. It's more like a throwback to the "old days" where there was no PCI lock (see also some current Via/SiS boards).

You would want to set the PCI Clock Synchronization on 33.33Mhz or auto since this is to make sure your PCI cards like a sound card or a PCI TV Tuner card is not being overclock and the PCIe should be set to 100Mhz ,but some say when overclocking ,setting it to 105Mhz sometimes makes it more stable.

Back