PCI-express 1x cards to add extra monitors

Spun Ducky

Gawd
So basically here is the scenario I have a triple monitor eyefinity setup with a 5870 using dell 2209WA's and I have 2 spare hannsg 28 inch screens so I am wondering if buying one of these cheap pci-e 1x video cards would allow me to have 1 desktop on the 3 dells and 1 desktop on the 2 hannsg and how would the mouse cursor move between them if its possible?

yes you can... but cheap?

Typically, it cheaper to get a PCI bus card, or just dremel your PCIeX1 slot to fit a full size card. Ask around in the Distributed Computing catagory, if you still want help doing that.

i assume you mean something like these

that sounds like an absolutely epic setup, with eyefinity 24's plus an additional 2x 28"ers... how do you have that much desk space? pics pls...

yes you can... but cheap?

Typically, it cheaper to get a PCI bus card, or just dremel your PCIeX1 slot to fit a full size card. Ask around in the Distributed Computing catagory, if you still want help doing that.

Hmm never knew you could dremel the slot I have a spare geforce 9600gt in that case. I wonder if there would be any driver conflicts though with the 5870.

If I get it all up and running the way I like yes I am going to post some nice pics of the setup. In the desk space category I use 2 identical old style metal office desks. They are gigantic and can hold huge amounts of weight.

It should work as long as you aren't using vista (limited to one display driver). I'd be most worried about eyefinity support since it seems to not be particularly robust.

Back