PCMCIA mod question

xeetim

Limp Gawd
Is it possible to add an external antenna connector to a pc card that doesn't have one? (can the cover be removed and a connector soldered on?) If so, are there any web sites with instructions on how to do that? I've looked on ebay for PCMCIA cards with external antenna port but they're all so expensive i can't afford one right now.

if you guys can find me one for $20-$30 please let me know..TIA

xeetim said:
Is it possible to add an external antenna connector to a pc card that doesn't have one? (can the cover be removed and a connector soldered on?) If so, are there any web sites with instructions on how to do that? I've looked on ebay for PCMCIA cards with external antenna port but they're all so expensive i can't afford one right now.

if you guys can find me one for $20-$30 please let me know..TIA

There are a few, but it's always hard to find the right hardware version of the card, and then figure out which sort of antenna connector to use.

Your best bet is to probably check the netstumbler forums, specificaly the hardware one. There are quite a few posts there about cards with external antennas.
http://www.netstumbler.org/forumdisplay.php?f=9

The Orinoco posted above is your best bet, great cards and have the jack already.

Back