PDP Patriot PC3200/4200 w/XBL

govtcheez

Gawd
anyone have this memory? Isn't the PCB supposed to be red? Mine just came in, and they are definitely green. :confused:
Img_0012.jpg

here's what I saw in the reviews:

hmm...in this picture from newegg, they are green. I guess PDP must have stopped painting the Brainpower PCB's.
20-220-033-01.JPG

XeroHouR said:
mine are green too, idk if its still brain power or not.

I hope you're kidding. That's the main reason why I bought this memory, is because it's supposed to be TCCD on Brainpower PCP. :confused: :eek:

overclock it and find out :) Mine are coming in this thursday. Ill be pissed if it sucked

I'm watching this thread too, wanna see if an answer will come up.

What happened ufot, ocz vx not good enough?

mathot said:
I'm watching this thread too, wanna see if an answer will come up.

What happened ufot, ocz vx not good enough?

Its the fastest memory I ever had but summer is coming and 3.4v will heat up my room. :(

OK. I just popped them in, and it's running memtest fine at 260mhz 2.5-3-3-7 timings with 2.7v. It's already doing better than the G.SKill 1GBLE's that I had.

Oh...and it IS Brainpower PCB. 6U815 or something like that.

Tell ya what - you can paint the PCB yourself, any colour you like. Just buy some automotive paint, use masking tape on top of the chips (you don't want paint on them, I'd think), and spray away! The only thing to watch out for is paints with metals in them, so that can of Chrome Blue paint isn't a very good idea ;)... unless, of course you wanna do a run with something like primer first, to seal it. You don't have to use tape on the contacts, as it's pretty easy to get paint off of them... just use your fingernails. Yes, I've had practice with old memories and video cards. And my current board :D.

govtcheez said:
I hope you're kidding. That's the main reason why I bought this memory, is because it's supposed to be TCCD on Brainpower PCP. :confused: :eek:
It still is TCCD on Brainpower PCB, just now the pcb is green instead of red. Mine is green too.

Back