Peek9 Message Device

Met-AL

Supreme [H]ardness
http://www.getpeek.com/index.html

Does anyone know much about this company and it's service?

For $299.99 you get the device and lifetime service. There are also monthly, quarterly, and yearly plans as well.

It's unlimited email and texting per month, along with Facebook, Twitter, Maps, and Weather.

I am thinking about getting this for my son, he's a heavy texter, but doesn't call much. But... I worry about paying $300 just to see this company fold in a year.

Thoughts?

Peek has been around for a few years but basically the device is very limited. The interface is designed for email only. To send text you basically write an email to a phone number. The problem is you don't have a real phone number so for people to text you its not as simple as giving them a phone number. Basically you text them and they save a weird number email hybrid. This isn't always the same so you can't distribute this number either, but if they save this number they can always contact you again.

Peek has been around for a few years but basically the device is very limited. The interface is designed for email only. To send text you basically write an email to a phone number. The problem is you don't have a real phone number so for people to text you its not as simple as giving them a phone number. Basically you text them and they save a weird number email hybrid.

That was what I was wondering about. I did eventually find that after looking for like 20 minutes on their website.

Yes. Your friends will notice that texts from a Peek show up as sent from either a 10-digit number or your email address. All they have to do is hit “reply” on their phone and their text will be sent straight to your Peek. In case you’re wondering, even though the 10-digit number looks like a phone number it isn’t your Peek’s permanent number. Each phone you text from your Peek will show as being sent from a different number. But once your friend receives a text from you, they should be able to save that number and text you whenever they want.

So, if he texts all his buddies and they save that number, they can text him back at anytime forever?

Yes. But honestly I would not fork over $300 for the lifetime peak. Get a $20 one and pay for service. I doubt you will use it for that long to make it worth it.

Honestly, get a Virgin Mobile phone with 300 minutes, unlimited text and web for $25/month.

South Dakota. Choices are Verizon, Sprint w/limited coverage, and Alltel. Sprint has a big gaping hole over where my son lives, otherwise the Virgin mobile would have been a great choice.

Back