Pentium 4 slower at 3.8 than stock 3.0??

talon64

Weaksauce
I just bought an Asus P5ND2 motherboard and started overclocking my 3.0 530. I raised the fsb to 1000, left my ram running at 400 and bumped the voltage up to 1.45. It's stable, but slower than the stock speed,. What am I missing?

Possibly it's running too hot at that speed and it's throttling, causing your drop in performance. What are your temps like at that speed?

The bios showed 60-64c which sounds like it might be wrong to me, I have a sythe ninja and plenty of air flow. Do you think it's reporting wrong? I set it back to stock and pc probe is saying 47c.

I am having that same problem :mad:
I have my 630 @ 3.85ghz and runs fine and stable, temps at idle ~35-40c under heavy loads during gaming will go to high 50s but have yet to break 60c. I wanted to go for 4ghz but not too sure now. I have DDR2 667mhz corsair ram (1gig only)

Scythe ninja's are overrated peices of shit...
I suggest you buy a new heatsink/fan as thats the only way your going to get rid of your throttling problem. Airflow won't make that big of a difference, I had to replace my heatsink/fan when my TM1 kicked in.

Eihli said:
Scythe ninja's are overrated peices of shit...
I suggest you buy a new heatsink/fan as thats the only way your going to get rid of your throttling problem. Airflow won't make that big of a difference, I had to replace my heatsink/fan when my TM1 kicked in.

Everyone says they're good, the copper base is pretty bad though, it needs to be lapped.

Back