Perfect Dark Zero visuals ALOT better now

[Fate]Doom

Limp Gawd
I don't feel like getting banned so I won't post them, but to anyone who cares there are new PDZ scans floating around the net.

I saw two pictures. One was of a city scape and another of a battle with a ED 209 looking walker. They looked very good and even though the scans were of questionable quality this game now looks (from these pics) to be on par (some say better :rolleyes: ) than Half-Life 2. I dont see how they can say things like that after a few pics, but oh well.

Textures looked very sharp and draw distance was superb. Volumetric smoke was coming from stacks and lighting looked excellent. Big improvement over what we have previously seen. In the one pic a huge space shuttle was taking off and it looked really next-gen. Maybe the most impressive thing I have seen yet of X360 . Even better news is that this was apparently from multi-player and that was the crux of the limited text of what was being discussed in the article.

If you are curious check out a certain French Xbox site. :p

you wont get banned for posting a link......just post it, unless its like illegal or something

i just found these:

perfectdarkzero01_010605.jpg

perfectdarkzero02_010605.jpg

pdzn0.jpg
pdzn1.jpg

Link to some more screenshots....

Link to some magazine article with a lot of info about the game

Movie of the game in action (5.6mb)

More Screenshots

Found Em:

40611320050913_042617_0_big.jpg

40611320050913_042617_1_big.jpg

haha the game will have a hovercraft....and being able to steal weapons right out of ur opponents hand using stealth hahahaha thats great

I admit that looks good but... it just does not look like perfect dark imo :/

Yeah... looks more like halo...
I guess what we have to hope for is the feel of the game and not the visuals. LIke TimeSplitters those feel like PD or GE but definitely dont look it.. might have the same cartoonie graphics but looks nice.

This game is the only reason why I really want the 360...

awdark said:
This game is the only reason why I really want the 360...
yeah, the same here..
Why did they go and sell Rare to M$ :(

I've been waiting for this since the rumours of a new Perfect Dark, back then when nintendo64 owned. ;)

R0N1 said:
yeah, the same here...

Me too, I'm still gonna wait for reviews. Does anyone know how many people from the original team are actually working on this? Apparently there was a Gamecube build and it was ready to ship Christmas 2002 or 2003.

Darakian said:
I admit that looks good but... it just does not look like perfect dark imo :/
I consider this a blessing. The original PD light 'bloom' sprites made the game utterly unplayable for me. :(

I do understand what you mean, though. It really does look llike all of the art design of the original got thrown out the window.

^^ Don't be a herb. It's cheap. I'm with you that PC games look just as good. None of my friends have PC's like mine though. You go one extreme, next guy posts that PC's can't touch that, and the circle of dumb [H] debates goes on.

Back