Performance 2x120 vs 3x120 rad

chomsky

Limp Gawd
I was just curious if the performance benefit between a 2 and 3 120mm fan radiator is close to linear or if there were certain characteristics between these to make note of. For instance, if the fans are low rpm is there a significant difference in performance between them? I'm just playing with the idea now, so I don't have any details of what the rest of the system might contain. Tubing would most likely be 1/2
thanks in advance

wondering the same thing myself, but i hear depending on exactly what your rig is and how much heat it outputs, there wont be that much of a difference.

Insignificant unless you're dumping over 250W into your water- you'll be fine as long as you're not running an 8800 SLI rig, IMO.

i have a dual 120mm radiator (HW Labs BIX2) and get excellent temps. my main rig is down atm, but dual 120mm is enough. the 3x120mm lets you have less airflow (and noise) on each fan, with in total, more air over the radiator. BTW, the 38mm Panaflo's are really really good, i have a pair for my radiator now, and they are dead quiet. Ill post some pics in a few days :)

Ah, thanks. I think the goal of the whole thing will be to reduce noise, but if I hacked into my current case the best I would fit is a 2x120 because of the PSU location. I would only be cooling a quad core intel, NB, and single, but high-end vc. How's the noise on your 2x120s?

meh its alittle loud. im going to switch to yate loons. my current deltas click and annoy the shit out of me

4x yate loons at 7v on a dual radiator would be great...

I'm cooling the "01" system in my sig with that config, with great temps.

Arcygenical said:
4x yate loons at 7v on a dual radiator would be great...

I'm cooling the "01" system in my sig with that config, with great temps.
can you hear them over the rest of your rig?

jcll2002 said:
can you hear them over the rest of your rig?
ohhh man that's the question of the century. I'm getting a coolrad 22t with 4 yates and am going to figure that out soon enough. 7V here we come!!!

Nope. My PSU fan is now the loudest fan in the system ;)

Since my 8800GTS, NB and cpu are all on water... Even my raptor idles louder than those fans heh.

Arcygenical said:

Since my 8800GTS, NB and cpu are all on water... Even my raptor idles louder than those fans heh.
JUMP FOR JOY

Arcygenical said:

yeah thats what ive come across also.

my raptor in an aluminum case is extremely loud compared to my chipset fan and deltas on my rad (and 3 other case fans @ 7v)

jcll2002 said:
yeah thats what ive come across also.

my raptor in an aluminum case is extremely loud compared to my chipset fan and deltas on my rad (and 3 other case fans @ 7v)
again, JUMP FOR JOY

meh its alittle loud. im going to switch to yate loons. my current deltas click and annoy the s*** out of me

Had the same issue with my Deltas when controlling them with a pwm style fan controller, very annoying. Replaced the controller with a rheostat type controller and that has made a huge difference, clicking is gone now.

Back