Performance-PCs.com is too busy, suggestions?

baleedit

Gawd
After over 11 months of e-mail correspondence with these guys they finally responded back saying they were to busy to handle my order. Here's a quick rundown on what happened if anyone wants to read:

In January of 2008, a customer requested 100 Lian Li PC-17B's with a window mod and a cd-rom mod. My shop has put out a maximum of 10 pc's in a week so this was definitely a job I knew we could not handle. Here's a pic of the mod in question, I also sent this pic to PPC's just so there would be no question as to what the customer wanted.

http://forums.extremeoverclocking.com/p3011682.html

After almost a year of emailing back and forth here's the last email I got from them:

Yes, sorry we will have to pass on this one since we have not attempted this before and don’t know what all is involved. We just have too many orders at present to research this further at this point in time.

Best Regards,
PPCS Sales

Performance PC's, Inc.
2600 Kirby Cr. NE
Unit #1
Palm Bay, FL 32905

(321) 725-9969
[email protected]

Does anyone know of any companies that do simple mods like this that aren't too busy?

I thought the customer had given up on me and moved on, but he just recently came back saying that he still wanted it done but obviously wasn't in too big of a hurry since he already has pc's, he just wants the cases updated.

I did a bit of googling and found a few places but they didn't seem to do the things I wanted done, and I wanted a trusted name. For example, Mountain Mods seems to specialize in the cube cases, but maybe I missed something on their site.

Thanks!

I would find a local machine shop with a water jet and have them do the majority of the cutting. Once they set up the program(s), it would just be a menial job of putting 100 of each of the parts (side panel, plexi, mesh, etc) through. Doing the side panels like this would be cake.

Depending on what needs to be done for the cdrom, you may end up drilling out rivets so individual pieces of the chassis can go in water jet, or doing those parts by hand.

go speak to a metal shop, they could easily make up a jig to cut the windows out, or a special cutting stencil for the window and just stamp each pannel you want done, if you were in Aus I could help you, it will cost a lil bit on the outlay, but it would be cheaper in the long run for the windows mod ;)
as for the Drive mod, im sure there someone who could help you out, its not that complex.
Last but not least, Hank is a piece of $#!+ stay away from PPC, i have been burned by them twice now, and thats enough for this life time, and my thoughts are shared by a fair few I know so dont try and argue with me on that ;)

LOL AlienKing beat me to the punch, nicely put ;)
Yeh WaterJet's are a better idea again ;)

Just to be clear, he wants a bay adapter only as big as a laptop drive, right?

Hank fucked me over once. Shipped an order out that I cancelled. He told me to refuse the package - but he never requested a signature, so UPS left it at my door...

Then, He wanted me to ship it back WITH a restocking fee... I said hell no, and took it as a loss (payed with PP, no chance of a chargeback :()

I still do business with PPC's though... The key is to CALL THEM. They have *amazing* phone CS. I've had items upgraded to overnight shipping and such, just by calling them. People these days seem to be scared of the telephone...

Just to be clear, he wants a bay adapter only as big as a laptop drive, right?

Just like it shows in the picture of the Antec 900, he wants all 9 drive bays open and clean with 3 120mm fans. The dvd rom will rarely be used. Be sure to zoom in on the picture of the dvd drive, it looks very nice.

I never thought to speak with a metal shop! It turns out I'll be making a ton more money than I thought by not going with PPC's on this one, thanks for the inputs. This is my first order of this size and I just do this business on the side.

Thanks again to everyone for pointing me towards the obvious train!

Just like it shows in the picture of the Antec 900, he wants all 9 drive bays open and clean with 3 120mm fans. The dvd rom will rarely be used. Be sure to zoom in on the picture of the dvd drive, it looks very nice.
So the answer is yes, you want to mount a laptop drive in the very bottom. :rolleyes:

http://www.slidirect.com/web/do/pub/sku/view?categoryId=10&id=40

Get one of those and cut off the top portion of it; use the bottom opening to center where you want to cut out off the Antec case and then just mount it like a regular drive.

Bonus points if you go with a slot loader:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827118028
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827118021

Here is a suggestion.. I am MORE than sure this guy can do what you need at a reasonable price. Look at his videos on youtube or on his website and contact him. He does amazing things with cases....

http://www.mnpctech.com

Back