Persistance pays off, 2 hr-03 GT's on 2 4870 cards..pics

it sure looks like a microboard, the 1200 is pretty big right? i have the 900 and thought i remember the 1200 being bigger? if so id invest in a reg atx board, will spread your stuff out a little better. Though i could be blind and stupid so who knows.

Love your cable management though!

The 1200 is quite large, it's 12 bays high and wide enough to comfortably fit a 200mm fan on top :)

Internal temp of the case is fine really, it's got 3 front mounted 120mm fans, 2 rear exauhst, 1 top 200mm, and I have added a side 120mm, plus these cards are exaushting straight out the back of the case.

Asus claim "ATX" on the specs page

http://uk.asus.com/products.aspx?modelmenu=2&model=1873&l1=3&l2=11&l3=572&l4=0

BTW what do you have your RAM running at? I have 1066 too but didn't know whether to stick with 1:1 with CPU which is 900mhz atm, or to push it to its max rated speed of 1066.

Might try some more cpu overclocking tonight, I think all in all the FSB of this board is the limiting factor.

ram is at like 956 or something odd like that, left it the same from the 1000 when i went to 1066, i haven't tried to push it more with the new ram figured id wait and make sure everything is stable

lol dont know if it helps if i embed the epic or not

9001200wo9.jpg

If you want to see what a real quality big case looks like....don't make me break out my rocketfish pics.

Thanks for the e-mail canada.
When i was building my system 2-3 months ago i went to microcenter and they had the 900 for 85 bucks and the 1200 for 150 or somethign crazy. I wanted a bigger case but not worth the price to me

If you want to see what a real quality big case looks like....don't make me break out my rocketfish pics.

you mean the lian li re badged? :)

there nice, had a few lian li case sin the past, but been an antec fan for a while, figure the cheaper case lets me put more money where it counts the silverstone is nice too but twice the price... meh

the backside cable management sold me, makes the setup much much cleaner inside

measuring the exhaust with a digital thermometer its reading 43 degrees from the psu

there nice, had a few lian li case sin the past, but been an antec fan for a while, figure the cheaper case lets me put more money where it counts the silverstone is nice too but twice the price... meh

The rocketfish was on closeout at best buy for like $50. Some dude on the evga forums made a big thread about it. I like it because it's huge. Regular lan li cases are quite pricey though, I agree, rather put that towards a vid card or cpu.

amd gpu clock tool work s too but it conflicts with CCC

i did some benching at 840, ran fine

I was consdiering a similar Lian Li case, they have really good build quality, I've got a few mates with them. But the backside cable management on this case is really good, and the stock cooling in it is really epic, it looks fantastic and quite a reasonable price really.

I'm having problems getting even small overclocks with stock cooling, even when I force the fanspeed to 50%-60%

I think i'm going to grab a couple of these - http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showp...ame=Akasa AK-VC03-BLUV Vortexx NEO VGA Cooler

Keep with my blue theme, since all 3 front fans are blue LED, 2 rear 1 top and 1 side fans are all blue LED, so is the CPU cooler, and I have a blue LED CCFL light in there as well....lol it's really fuckin' blue.

2677132331_5821abca10.jpg

hehe

that cooler looks wicked

you sure its much better than stock for cooling? its looks really similar lol

Well reading the user reviews at overlockers.co.uk shows really good results on the 4850 going from 80 degress to 50 degrees, so it's not too bad.

nice

shouldnt take much to beat the stock coolers, then again i think the stock ones just idles at too low of speeds from what ive been reading, bumping up the default seems to help

the hr03 is nice but its big ..load temps are good, all im concerned with really :)

yeah the stock coolers are fairly bad, the main problem is the target temps for the dynamic cooling is like 80 degrees, so supposedly they're "designed" to run that hot.

You can turn the fanspeed up and send idle temps from 80 to 50 when running 40-50% fanspeed but it makes a royal racket.

yeah the stock coolers are actually quite a hefty chunk of copper inside, the layout is good wonder if they used crappy heat pipes? not sure why the default was so low, the cooler can do much better than how its shipped

not as well as after market solutions but still much better

Very nice, but the beige fans look like butt. Yate loons or Panaflo FTW!!!

Nice work, I'm sure it wasn't easy, but the case is so nice all black........then those beige fans.......:eek:

The fans are more of a creme and chocolate blades. They are Noctua and they are among the best. Yate Loon and Panaflo can't even come close in comparison.

yeah i love the fans, best ive use, nat huge on the colors, but what ever lol

thermalright is sending me a tshirt and some chillfactor 2 paste since i sent them a pic of hose you have to install 2 of them on that board, lol

what keyboard is that? can you switch to gpu temps on that keyboard as well? NM, I see they are showing both.

logitech g15

lol camera flash is picking up stuff i cant see myself lol, but it is the original g15 which ive had apart to clean 3-4 times now ..the rubberized plastic hold dust pretty good

Nice post. I was looking to get this exact heatsink once I get an hd4870.

You need to rotate the cpu cooler and flip the bottom gpu cooler, I guarantee your temps will improve.

i also guarantee you it wont fit :)

the gpus are the same temp under load, idle there only a few deg apart

as it stands now the TRUE with 2 fans it still wider than it is "tall" including the 2 fans so it would be closer to the top vga cooler, also in that orientation its throwing heat right out the top to a 200mm exhaust fan

save this pic or zoom in on it , youll see whyi cant flip the vga cooler around
http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/3296/51378139bj8.jpg

You need to rotate the cpu cooler and flip the bottom gpu cooler, I guarantee your temps will improve.

Well, the bottom one does go into the PSU, but I was thinking the same thing about the top GPU and CPU. I would turn the CPU cooler 90 degrees as well and have it going out the back. The top fan on the GPU and the bottom fan on the CPU have to be working against each other, or they are running in series and the heat from one is going into the other.

sorry to be speculating in here but...

where are you getting solid intake from? i know you must have some in the front but i dont see a dedicated intake for the gpus nor the cpu, does the 1200 have a window fan?

Nice job but how noisy does that get?

next to silent as your going to get

3x120mm fan on the front, 2x120mm on the back @ 5v rated at 24db
the top 200mm is rated at 24 db on low
the noctua fans are all 12v rated @ 19db

plentry of fresh air from three front 120mm fans with nothing to impede airflow to the cards thanks to all the cables on the back side of the mobo

and yeah the flash pics up microscopic dust i swear lol

sorry to be speculating in here but...

where are you getting solid intake from? i know you must have some in the front but i dont see a dedicated intake for the gpus nor the cpu, does the 1200 have a window fan?

there is a side window fan available but im not using it, dont really need it with 3 on the front with nothing behind them

sweet setup love the case use one of those my self as well as a thermaltake armor and few big lianli cases..wonder if those coolers are better than the xigmatik direct heatpipe one..

also 120mm fans on the hr03's is very simple just use some force (thats all i run is 120mm on my hr03's)

Inspiration thread for me to build one similar in the future. I need my set up to be cool, quiet, and powerful.

120 would be nice but i didnt wana push my luck, it was such a tight squeeze going 120mm means i cant use the 1/8" recess for the 92mm fan and as you can see, its rather snug on the bottom

i did manage to get some rubber feet under that bottom fan so it gives the psu fan another 1/4" of breaking space, and takes the weight off the pci slot

Back