PG does it again... GPU's no longer important.

Patriot

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - March 2011/June 2013/De
I guess they have warned us time and again not to buy hardware just for folding but it would sure be nice if they would be consistent for more than a year at a time.

Details here... goo.gl/l7vVC8

Based on the response by jojo I'm going to assume that Patriot trolled and caught him a nice fish.

1st post with my new account and I click this link! What a let down!

I guess they have warned us time and again not to buy hardware just for folding but it would sure be nice if they would be consistent for more than a year at a time.
Help me out, please. I haven't been with Folding@Home for over a year. I switched to BOINC in January 2015. (I'm not advocating for either cause.) I didn't see any threads at the Folding Forums to indicate new, improved CPU folding clients. I'd like to know the details, if someone would please drop a link or two. Thanks, Linden, crunching hard for the [H]ard team.

You did notice that this was an April Fool's ploy, right?
Consider yourself "fished". :shifty:

Yeah GPU's work just fine, a single 980Ti gets over 500k PPD on Linux right now. CPU folding is not recommended ATM, they have new cores being alpha tested including one for AVX but that's months away.

Help me out, please. I haven't been with Folding@Home for over a year. I switched to BOINC in January 2015. (I'm not advocating for either cause.) I didn't see any threads at the Folding Forums to indicate new, improved CPU folding clients. I'd like to know the details, if someone would please drop a link or two. Thanks, Linden, crunching hard for the [H]ard team.

You did notice that this was an April Fool's ploy, right?
Consider yourself "fished". :shifty:
Ouch

No, I didn't notice, not until now. OK, you got me good.

This thread claimed another victim three weeks after it got posted. Nice work Patriot.

This thread is so awesome, I daresay it is worthy of a "nomination".

:D

Back