Phantom Gray P150

DirtyLude

n00b
I posted this up on SilentPCReview a while back, because the main object was a quiet PC, but I went a little crazy with it.

Specs:
Antec P150 with NeoHE
E6600 (running at 3.28Ghz for now)
OCZ PC2-6400
Asus P5W-DH Deluxe
7900 GT KO
Zalman NB cooler on the SB
Thermalright HR-05 on the NB
Raptor 74GB
WD 300GB

Resorator 1+
Konnect-O-Matic Passive
MAG II LE Pump
Nexus 120

If you just want to skip to the full gallery:
http://www.higginstribe.com/gallery/case/

The gallery should tell most of the story. Unfortunately the pics are not in order. It's also hard to take pictures of the case, since it reflects like a mirror and I can't really capture the actual color.

The inside of the case and the interior of the panels is all sprayed in truck bed liner. I thought it had a cool texture and I was hoping to add some accoustic mass for some damping. I don't know how well it worked, and for truck bed liner, this stuff scratches pretty easily. It would last 10 seconds in a real truck.

When I riveted everything back together I put a bit of silicon where the panels rivet together. Again hoping to quiet things down.

The underglo lighting is only on for special occasions. Otherwise it bugs me. The red button is to control the lighting modes. There's a picture of the custom controller I have inside the case. The controller will PWM control 3 fans of 3 amps each and report temps with control over USB. Unfortunately I don't have any fans plugged into it. The HDD LED and Power LED are bicolor red/green and alternate colours during HDD activity. It also controls the CCFL's and all the LED's.

Controller:
http://www.higginstribe.com/gallery/case/case-controller-01.jpg
http://www.higginstribe.com/gallery/case/case-controller-02.jpg

The temps have been dead stable and low. With Intel Thermal Analysis Tool it shows 30 -> 33 idle and 50 -> 52 under load for 4 hours (longest I've run it) at 3.3Ghz overclock.

I still have to replace the last of the blue silicon hose, and wrap the pump in foam, but it's essentially done.

interior
z-final-internal.jpg

final
final.jpg

Thats a sick mod P150 mod man. I have a P150 myself, and I love it. I'm gonna try to post pics in a little bit. Again, nice job!

Very nice paint job, i really like it. What fan controller is that it the top bay? Id be interesting in aquiring one, it looks really nice.

Wish I had the guts to do something like that to the P180 im getting.

kill4killin said:
Very nice paint job, i really like it. What fan controller is that it the top bay? Id be interesting in aquiring one, it looks really nice.

Wish I had the guts to do something like that to the P180 im getting.

thats not a fan controller its an audigy i/o box

Thanks guys. Given the amount of work that it took, I don't think I'll ever do this kind of thing again.

The top bay has the X-Fi platinum IO-drive.

The reset button is already broken. Long story short, but I turned the power bar off when I was away for a week, so my Wife just kept pressing the button harder and harder to try and turn the computer on. Of course it never turned on.

what is that on the side of the box that is red. looks like some sort of water reservoir or something.

kill4killin said:
what is that on the side of the box that is red. looks like some sort of water reservoir or something.

it's a passive radiator

good mod dude.. paint came out beautiful

The headphones are great for gaming, not bad for movies, but I generally use my regular speakers for movies and music. They are definitely not that great for music.

i love the matte black paint in the case, makes everything look very clean

the work on the outside looks great too, good color combo

overall I love it, great mod

Back