Phenom 9950 on 3DMard06, help please...!

TeeJay

Gawd
Hi guys, I wanted to see how good my CPU would do at both stock and OC'ed to 3.1

So I decided to get 3DMark06 and register it, and have ran the CPU tests to get disappointed.

There were 2 tests, and I did both. 60% of the run time was 1 FPS, 35% was 2 FPS, and the 5% was 3 FPS.

On stock, I did like 4021. @ 3.1GHz, I did 4323.

This could be the way it should be, and this is supposed to be this way and my CPU is that good really, but I'm kind of surprised to see that ... :|

So is my CPU crazy, or is it right that way?

Tj

That is the right way .... CPU tests will run between 1-3 FPS .... GPU tests are where you see the higher FPS

The actual scores are far easier to compare than the very low frame rate (which is normal in this test), and they seem to be about right for your rig.

I got about 3750 with my Ph-I 9650 at 2.7 GHz and 4480 with my Ph-II at the default 3.2 GHz.

How come are you getting better scores with a lower lvl CPU than mine then? Is there something I should upgrade? Maybe the MoBo?

Actually you got higher scores.. I only got 3750 at 2.7 GHz while you got 4021 at 2.6 GHz. At 3.2 GHz and with a Phenom II instead of a Phenom I, I got a slightly higher score, as expected.

Back