Phenom II x4 955 at newegg $245

AMD Phenom II X4 955 Deneb 3.2GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor - Retail
New Arrival - AM3 Phenom II x4 Black Edition

Thats newegg for you. Someone needs to fix the filtering.

yeah, and if you sort by AM2+ mATX, the DFI M2RS LanPartyJr doesn't come up either. I emailed newegg for about three months and gave up, they're just too big to care.

anyway, its nice to see that AMD was able to release a 3.2GHz quad within their target thermal envelope.

Last edited:
i'm watching PCPer on twit live and they said they're gonna talk about it. if it's a good overclocker i'm gonna buy one.

yeah, and if you sort my AM2+ mATX, the DFI M2RS LanPartyJr doesn't come up either. I emailed newegg for about three months and gave up, they're just too big to care.

anyway, its nice to see that AMD was able to release a 3.2GHz quad within their target thermal envelope.

id agree on the being to big to care.. but neweggs system is completely automated.. even the pricing system has a specific way it works to raise the prices based on how many people view the item, put it in wishlists, and how many people buy it..

Meh I can't really speak bad about newegg though. They're just so friggin awesome I'm sure i'll find some way to forgive them for this ;).

yeah, and if you sort my AM2+ mATX, the DFI M2RS LanPartyJr doesn't come up either. I emailed newegg for about three months and gave up, they're just too big to care.

Lol. I e-mail them about that motherboard too. I thought it was gone but looks like they didn't list it as "mATX".

Meh I can't really speak bad about newegg though. They're just so friggin awesome I'm sure i'll find some way to forgive them for this ;).

aww come on.. where is the american spirit of bashing any company that becomes large enough to dominate a certain market..

lol

There is a review out on anandtech

http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/showdoc.aspx?i=3551

At stock frequencies it is beating the q9550, in gaming it is beating the 920 in some things but is losing big time in the multi tasking/rendering. I am seriously impressed that the 955 is beating the q9550. Now for system builders the 920 is a much better processor due to the fact system builders will be ocing and a 100 dollars isn't much more if you are already going to spend 400 on motherboard, ram, and cpu.

But for the people who are dealing with OEMs such as hp, dell, gateway the 955 is seriously competing.

Not a bad processor at all, its strong point is gaming at high resolutions. However it does poorly in low resolution but nobody here really games on lower resolutions so that doesn't really matter. Its strongly tied against the Q9650/Q9550 in most benchmarks though, though Core i7 still takes the lead. Hope AMD will come out with a better CPU in the near future.

But its still a good CPU at that price.

Good to see AMD is back in the game. They may not be the performance leader but finally their CPUs are viable options for more than low-end systems.

Not a bad processor at all, its strong point is gaming at high resolutions. However it does poorly in low resolution but nobody here really games on lower resolutions so that doesn't really matter.

It's not so much that it does well at high-resolutions as it is that the i7 can't do any better due to the GPU they're benching with.

Well.. it's nice and it's a step in the right direction.
but what i really want is bulldozer.

Yeah, it's still pretty plain to see a stock 955 is about 15-20% slower than a stock i920. They're priced pretty evenly for the performance difference.

Yeah, it's still pretty plain to see a stock 955 is about 15-20% slower than a stock i920. They're priced pretty evenly for the performance difference.

Not when you can walk into a Microcenter and pick up a i7 920 for $229.00.

not everyone has a microcenter down the road. It's a 3 hour drive one way to the closest microcenter for me. The money I'd spend to get there and back would make up the difference in price for me...

Looks like a great processor no matter what site I visit on the net. I guess its time for an upgrade! :)

yeah, and if you sort by AM2+ mATX, the DFI M2RS LanPartyJr doesn't come up either. I emailed newegg for about three months and gave up, they're just too big to care.

It actually runs at only [email protected] vs 1.35 for the 940BE@3ghz.

Some are doing 3.7-3.8ghz at 1.3v, sexy.

Glad I got my 940BE when I did cuz the combo deal with my mobo (which owns face) was awesome, even considering current cheap 940be price. But man the 955 is a sexah chip

Last edited:
Back