phil fish is in trouble again fez II canceled

8uUHrWO.png

Here's that twitter post.

Class act.

anybody want to bet that at some point we will see this message: "after much demand from our fans we have reversed our decision"

anybody want to bet that at some point we will see this message: "after much demand from our fans we have reversed our decision"

Unless Fish returns to gaming, zero. Fish was quite literally half of Polytron's employees. Also, Fish owns the rights to Fez.

You know, I got Fez on sale for like $5 and I f*cking regret buying it. The entire panel answering that Japanese guy, who got up and said he's proud to be Japanese and have a game from his country inspire someone he looks up to, got a bunch of disrespectful, hateful comments and a gales of laughter -- WTF?! I felt disgusted watching that display of pure racism.

I mean, don't get me wrong, games out of Japan have been on the downward spiral in my book for some time, but I would not go about answering someone in a public forum in such a downright nasty way like they did. My God.

So yeah, I couldn't care less that Fish the Douchebag got berated -- serves him right.

I mean, don't get me wrong, games out of Japan have been on the downward spiral in my book for some time, but I would not go about answering someone in a public forum in such a downright nasty way like they did. My God.
To be fair... mainstream Western games have been going down hill too!

To be fair... mainstream Western games have been going down hill too!

The vast majority of games released have always been crap, even back in the arcade days and early days of home consoles and PC gaming. It's just more obvious these days when gaming is so huge and the internet so wide spread.

I'm confused what are you guys saying he did exactly?

He took a screen shot from his own twitter feed, then pretended to be an anonymous person who was excited about Fez 2 and called everyone "gigantic faggots".

He took a screen shot from his own twitter feed, then pretended to be an anonymous person who was excited about Fez 2 and called everyone "gigantic faggots".

This.
The presence of the "Delete" button from the screenshot makes it obvious that Fish not only took a screenshot of his own twitter feed, but did so while logged into that twitter feed. Didn't really think that one through.

Untitled_2.png

I was about to post this quick reply, but had a change in heart... I learned a good lesson from this debacle :rolleyes:

This.
The presence of the "Delete" button from the screenshot makes it obvious that Fish not only took a screenshot of his own twitter feed, but did so while logged into that twitter feed. Didn't really think that one through.

Well it makes it obvious that Fish took the screenshot but not necessarily that was he the person that posted it on 4chan.

Unless of course no other copy of that screenshot exists anywhere else on the internet (but yeah probably Fish is trolling us all - this "meltdown" came way to close after the game announcement - maybe someone should check to see if all the Polytron employees are actually looking for new jobs)

Well it makes it obvious that Fish took the screenshot but not necessarily that was he the person that posted it on 4chan.

Unless of course no other copy of that screenshot exists anywhere else on the internet (but yeah probably Fish is trolling us all - this "meltdown" came way to close after the game announcement - maybe someone should check to see if all the Polytron employees are actually looking for new jobs)

Anybody could have made the screen shot, however Fish has been busted trolling on 4chan before, and once he was called out, the image and then the thread were gone in about 2 minutes.

Polytron has like two employees, and only one of them is known for trolling and being an epic douche.

The vast majority of games released have always been crap, even back in the arcade days and early days of home consoles and PC gaming. It's just more obvious these days when gaming is so huge and the internet so wide spread.

It's more than that honestly.

Games are now more of an interactive movie than a game because of advancements in graphics. While they look nicer, the game play sucks more because of it. And it has to be worse, because now you need to finish it to get the full experience rather than just playing it for the sake of the game play.

This hasn't affected everything, some genres are still purist, but a lot of things did go to utter shit because of it. The costs also went up, so now things have to be dumbed down so people can finish it because you can't be on the record for having made a story that nobody was able to finish.

Hollywood has had the same thing happen where it's more about whizbang special effects than anything else, so gaming isn't alone here.

Anybody could have made the screen shot
DING FUCKING DING!!!!

I guess nobody saw my last post *sad panda face* :(

and you'd think a guy who spent 5 years pushing pixels would notice a delete button... ugh, who knows... I think it's silly to assume it was him though, there are plenty of "clever" folks who probably love messing with his head, like his "partner" did with legal stuff before the release of fez

Sounds like a typical cock, rage quits a games development because a journalist gives him a hard time, only one game under his belt (that I had never heard of until Phil Fish made the headlines), and he's suddenly an out spoken voice of the game development world, that the game development world have probably said "No by all means Phil, take a seat and STFU".

Sounds like a typical cock, rage quits a games development because a journalist gives him a hard time, only one game under his belt (that I had never heard of until Phil Fish made the headlines), and he's suddenly an out spoken voice of the game development world, that the game development world have probably said "No by all means Phil, take a seat and STFU".

You sir, made my day.

Back