Philips 240PW9EB: another IPS 24 monitor

Cool, it uses the same panel as the HP LP2475w, I hope Philips' the quality control would be better than HP's. Looking forward to it shipping to Eastern Europe.

Lol you might notice his handle includes aZn - I think his post is more of despair than anything else haha.
I wish companies would realize that there is a MASSIVE demand for quality IPS panels in the US. Doublesight dropped the ball, leaving Hazro/Phillips/et al a large opening.

Sorry to tell you that Hong Kong is a city of China...

Can't see the problem Philips releasing the model to other markets (provided they still got any brains left). It's an european company, ffs...

I hope Philips' the quality control would be better than HP's.

HP QC is very good, I think most (all?) of the problems have been with the panels, which is due to lack of QC at LG.Display (the people who make IPS panels).

Anyway, my 2475w is absolutely fine, no fringing around text whatsoever (see my Macro photograph in the HP thread) and no uniformity problems now that the backlight has settled in.

It is good though to see more people producing IPS monitors - I hope the trend continues.

Hm. Contrast 1:1000 and dynamic contrast, that looks more like PVA/MVA panel.
And I'm really curious about the sRGB emulation mode.

Google :) http://www.google.com/search?q=240PW9ES

One of the links goes here: http://www.inmac.nl/index.php?cPath...&Itemid=251&osCsid=esbtq2bpiaugefhfmun9vu4jn1

287,00EUR exclusief BTW
(341,53EUR inclusief BTW)

Others list similar prices...

So I strongly doubt that the ES could be an IPS.

Thanks! I overlooked that one - it's only €10 more than the model that is definitely TN i.e. 240BW8EB

Really interesting, looks like it could be a price error - I did find a page with a price of €380 + tax for the 240PW9ES so that seemed more realistic.

as for the single letter variation on the model number:
240PW9ES = silver?
240PW9EB = black?

God knows. Maybe it's a TN in Europe, and IPS in HK. Even 380 + tax would be too cheap, the HP is basically 50% more expensive.

HP QC is very good, I think most (all?) of the problems have been with the panels, which is due to lack of QC at LG.Display (the people who make IPS panels).

Anyway, my 2475w is absolutely fine, no fringing around text whatsoever (see my Macro photograph in the HP thread) and no uniformity problems now that the backlight has settled in.

It is good though to see more people producing IPS monitors - I hope the trend continues.

Oh yeah, it's easy to say, but I've personally tested 7 (yes, that's friggin seven) 2475w units and not a single one turned out good... bad batch and bad luck, I suppose... LG panel? Who cares, it's in a HP product, it should be tested by HP's QC.

And as for the Philips... I really hope an IPS version would surface in Europe... 400 or 600 euros, I don't care as long as it's good display...

Oh yeah, it's easy to say, but I've personally tested 7 (yes, that's friggin seven) 2475w units and not a single one turned out good... bad batch and bad luck, I suppose... LG panel? Who cares, it's in a HP product, it should be tested by HP's QC.

Now that's scary, what exactly were the problems ?

I've a HP 2475w myself ...

Why not ? HP 2475w has wide gamut as well,and everybody say , it's a good one.

Back