Phone Company Bills Woman $15 Quadrillion

That's probably using a Canadian phone operator and using data while roaming in the states at 5$ per MB... Sick fucks canadian operators... Hehehe

(I know she's from France I am just pissed at our operators here in Canada)

http://www.telusmobility.com/en/QC/plans/data_add_ons.shtml
11 Cannot be combined with any other voice and data plan or data add-on. Additional usage will be charged at 5¢/MB. Tethering included.
Data used while roaming in the US is charged at $5/MB. Data used while roaming outside Canada and the US may vary by zone. Voice used while roaming in the US is charged at a rate of $1.50/minute.

Yeah we get screwed royally here in Canada. I keep debating on getting a data plan but what am I going to do with 100MB/month? May as well not have it. Refresh a web page one time too many and there goes an added $10 added to my bill.

If I did not work for a telco myself I'd seriously consider looking at offering my own cell service. Start with one tower in the middle of the city, make sure the building is big enough so it can act as a hub CO in the future. Then build out from there. I'm not sure what are the logistics involved in doing something like that though. Definitely need the CRTC and city to approve it etc... not to mention the up front capital required. But a cell service is so much easier to roll out than land line service, cable or fiber, it's surprising there's not more companies jumping the bandwagon to create more competition.

If I did not work for a telco myself I'd seriously consider looking at offering my own cell service. Start with one tower in the middle of the city, make sure the building is big enough so it can act as a hub CO in the future. Then build out from there. I'm not sure what are the logistics involved in doing something like that though. Definitely need the CRTC and city to approve it etc... not to mention the up front capital required. But a cell service is so much easier to roll out than land line service, cable or fiber, it's surprising there's not more companies jumping the bandwagon to create more competition.

Seems like even big telco's are having a problem purchasing enough frequency space, so I'm not sure how you think a smaller player is going to compete...

it's kind of retarded that they initially "couldn't do anything about it" and set her up on an installment payment plan; what, were they gonna charger her "only" billions per month until her bill was paid? LOL!

Only $99 down, $99 a month for $99 years !

Haha!

At least they had the sense to eventually find that it was a printing error...although it's kind of retarded that they initially "couldn't do anything about it" and set her up on an installment payment plan; what, were they gonna charger her "only" billions per month until her bill was paid? LOL!

Well, I have been getting billed by Verizon for $0.00 balance from the previous month, with a warning if it wasn't paid I would be cut off. It's supposed to have been fixed now, but we will see at the end of the month when I get the next bill. This nonsense started in June, and so far, they seem to be unable to fix it.

Better that than AT&T when they kept signing me up for services like GPS and stuff without me asking for it and then refusing to take it off the bill. And they wondered why I quit?

Back