Photo Enchancement

Hello
So I have a question relating to Picture Enchancement.

I recently took a picture of my niece on my iPhone that was honestly a one in a million shot. She is absolutely beautiful in the picture and I was thinking it would be a nice Mother's Day present blown up and framed. The problem is I know the picture quality isnt the greatest because of the phone. I was wondering if there was anyway to touch it up and make it look better so I could go about professionally framing it. Any help /advice is appreciated in advance.
Thank You
James

In Photoshop, your bread and butter are the curves function (ctrl+m), and unsharp mask or smart sharpen...careful not to overdo it...always keep a copy of the original so you can start fresh if you don't like the result.

as for printing size, here is a good rule of thumb. 300ppi is ideal, but you can probably get away with 200 or maybe even 150 if it's in focus, relatively sharp, and must be printed big.

Thanks for the suggestions and information guys. My only problem is I known diddly when it comes to Photoshop, Ive never eben a artwork person on the computer. Im going to have to do some research into it. Are there any programs available that have an resolution enchancment? probably not. Thanks Again

Back