Photo Management Software for Dummies

KapsZ28

2[H]4U
So, we are giving my dad a new computer for Christmas with Windows 7 on it. He doesn't know how to do much on a computer, but has a digital SLR camera. I am looking for just about the easiest software to use to manage photos.

Key Features.

• Easily import pictures when inserting memory card.
  • Easily separate pictures into different groups or folders.
  • Ability to upload photos to internet and share them out. (Connection isn't that fast, so it should be able to upload at a lower resolution.)
  • Easily send pictures to email messages in Outlook that are not large attachments.
And anything else you can think of. Just needs to be very very easy. It also doesn't need to be free software. There is also no need for editing the photos. Just ease of use for the basic functionalities I mentioned above.

Any other recommendations? This is a 67 year old with almost no computer experience.

Any other recommendations? This is a 67 year old with almost no computer experience.
I'd definitely go with Windows Live 2011, especially if he's uploading and sharing them - the integration with Mail and Skydrive should make life much easier, although there's still an unavoidable learning curve of course.

I'd definitely go with Windows Live 2011, especially if he's uploading and sharing them - the integration with Mail and Skydrive should make life much easier, although there's still an unavoidable learning curve of course.

The only part that seemed odd was uploading the pictures to CVS or other sites to purchase. Even with the JPEG quality set to low, it seems like it is uploading a large amount of data. His connection is slow, so it might take forever to do this. I do like the email feature though.

Picasa doesn't seem compatible with Outlook 2010. I click email and select Outlook and nothing happens. If I use GMAIL, it works fine, but he doesn't have a GMAIL account and I prefer to keep him using Outlook.

I use Picasa, free software download from Google, helps to locate and organize all photos on the computer, edit photos, share photos with others through email and print. It’s fast, easy and free.

Back