Photography and graphic desing 20inch LCD, need final advices

Shogo

Limp Gawd
Hi, So i just bought a conroe rig for my girlfriend, she is starting her studies in photography and she always used crappy 17inc TN panel LCD monitor to work on her photos. Now We have some money to spend on good gear and i wanted to have your advices.

I also bought a 7900GT so that she can game sometimes on this monitor but the priority is image quality over fast respond time.

I looked at the TFT Technology Breakdown and Model/Panel Index Sticky and my choice is split between 3 monitors..

Dell 2007WFP - 20" WS LG.Philips S-IPS (LM201W01) Featuriing Super IPS panel, wich will offer her good color reproduction but not perfect black/white wich is important i think...800:1 contrast ration and 16ms ..I am buying in Canada and i know you can get some sort of deals with coupons or things like that over dell.ca.. Right now it is selling at $549.00 but i know there was a deal where you could get it at 399$CND .. where should i go to be updated on DELL deals?

Samsung 215TW - 21" WS Samsung S-PVA (LTM210M2) Featuring Super PVA panel, wich will be less accurate in color reproduction but very good blacks and white... Its also 1 inch wider than the 2007FPW... Contrast ration is 1000:1 and respond time 8ms . Although it is selling at 599$ on NCIX and i dont know if i can get a cheaper price somewhere else.

LG 20.1" Widescreen LCD Monitor (L204WT) - Future Shop Exclusive I dont know what is the panel it is but probably a S-PVA too. 2000:1 contrast ration, 5ms, only 369$ http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?sku_id=0665000FS10075693&logon=&langid=EN#
im not sure i trust this one, it looks too good to be true and the lack of information on it scares me...

Thank you for your help

ok i just sa the 20 page long thread about the last LG monitor i saw on Futureshop and if i understood well it uses a TN panel wich is not what im looking for...

LG have recently released their new 20"WS L204WT to the US market, with the UK sure to follow soon. Retailing at ~$370 at the moment, the L204WT is the first to use LG.Philips new LM201WE3-TN panel with a 5ms response time, 2000:1 contrast ratio (thanks to DFC) and 300 cd/m2 brightness. The monitor also features lockable OSD with touch buttons on the rear right hand corner of its thin bezel and Adaptive Colour and Contrast Enhancement (ACE) offering preset modes including 'movie', 'text' and 'photo'. The screen looks like it should be well priced on its release in the UK as well, and should hopefully offer some good responsiveness for the gamers out there. More info as it becomes available.

after furter research, i think the Samsung is way to go, i heard the Dell 2007FPW were still shipping A00 revisions wich has some major banding issues (well thats what ive read) its kind of hard to judge a monitor buy reading reviews... Is there a way you can get the dell 2007FPW for Cheap and the lastest revision?

If not well ill go with samsung SyncMaster 215TW

For the best color critical monitors you need to stick with S-IPS. Take a look at NEC or Eizo.

Shogo[i said:
]...she is starting her studies in photography .... [/i]priority is image quality over fast response .... where should i go to be updated on DELL deals?
Here's my opinion (which is not expert):
You said image quality is top priority. An S-IPS panel is prolly the best for image
If you have $1750 to burn and want the absolute best LCD monitor made -----buy her a 24" Eizo.
Eizos are hand-picked at factory then hand-tuned at factory for highest possible image quality.
They are made for Photographers, Graphic Artists, CAD Engineers, etc.
For latest Dell "Deals n' Coupons" (updated almost hourly)
http://www.gotapex.com
Good luck.

Back