Photoshop?

KillerButler

Limp Gawd
I have been reading alot of the "Post your Screenshot" Threads and see alot of Photoshop 7.0 on the desktop. Is that the preferred version or is 8 better. I am in the market to buy it and was wondering if 7.0 is better than 8.0cs. Will only being doing light stuff like making banners and editing home pictures of family.

Thanks for your input.

KillerButler said:
I have been reading alot of the "Post your Screenshot" Threads and see alot of Photoshop 7.0 on the desktop. Is that the preferred version or is 8 better. I am in the market to buy it and was wondering if 7.0 is better than 8.0cs. Will only being doing light stuff like making banners and editing home pictures of family.

Thanks for your input.

I've migrated across to CS in the last 4 months from 7, which i find faster, and there is more control over the tools.

However, i'd wait 2-3 weeks. Photoshop 9 is due anytime now, and it'll drop the price of CS some!

generally speaking
small incremental improvements in versions hold little value except to the most jaded power users

if your going to stay on the bleeding edge, the upgrade licensing is the primary reason
otherwise if your just learning the ap or have better use for the money the older versions will definately serve

this applies to most any graphics ap from Photoshop to 3DMax and Softimage
fall too far behind and suddenly when a few really useful features get added your out of position for the upgrade license

Really, it's just too expensive for me to upgrade. I find that 7 was barely an upgrade from 6, and 7 can be loaded easily from computer to computer. I don't know, I don't really like the CS versions of Adobe. Saving backwards is impossible, where just a simple vector image made in Illustrator CS can't be opened in 10, but a vector image in 10 can be opened in even 8.

Besides, newer version of Photoshop does not mean your talent is better (heck I can say that for over 99.9% of people that I see that has that mentality.

Well Im still on PS 6.0. If all you are doing is light stuff find a copy of 6.0, it will be dirt cheap and will do what you are looking for. We have a used book and, software store here so, I got 6.0 for $150.

Just make sure you have the version with the Heal Tool, it's the last great feature that most Photoshop people use.

I have a chance to pick up version 7 and 8.0cs for very cheap. Friend has them, and they upgraded all his works machines and they came with 8.0cs on them. As well he has 7.0 for a little cheaper.

I was using 7, but I wanted to experiment with Creative Suite so I asked my boss to purchase a license - have been using it since, I find it faster than previous versions of Photoshop.

I've used everything up from 5 and I find CS 8.0 to be really nice. It has some nice new features, and a different feel from the other CS's in some way. But, If you're worried about price definetly pick up 7 or 6, not to big of a difference. Still very powerful.

Wolfsbane2k said:
However, i'd wait 2-3 weeks. Photoshop 9 is due anytime now, and it'll drop the price of CS some!

Where did you hear that. Is there a list of new feature out yet.

Doesn't look very legit to me, prices are way too low and when it looks too good to be true, it usually is. Not to mention their URL.

AMD[H]unter said:
That's a scam waiting for you to fall in. Don't buy anything from them.
I agree. Did you go into the FAQ's? They are based in Eastern Europe and, they send activation keys with some that you have to, throw in as a crack. If they send you anything at all. You would be lucky if your card or bank account isnt drained.

i think the reason you see 7 more is because it is easier to get/crack from warez sites.

i bought my copy of cs through my university for about $65 and i love it. i would recomend 8/cs, good stuff

joses0 said:
can any know is the site is legit?
Link
they have the software very cheap

thats a total scam. Don't do it.

As to cs2/9.0 release, it's been rumoured for about a month now that it'll be released in april this year ( 1.5 years after cs). Can't remember where i picked that up from though, but with the release of the photodirectory thinggy from adobe last week it's expected to be really soon.

Adobe doesn't sell Photoshop as an OEM product. Back in the day I got full retail Photoshop 3 (including box and manuals) bundled with a Umax scanner, but then, the scanner cost $800. I got Photoshop Elements bundled with the Wacom Intuos tablet I bought last summer (no manual), it was on a CD with some other utilities. So they do some legit OEM licensing of their lower-end products, but you won't find a standalone OEM of full Photoshop.

joses0, that site you linked is registered to an address in Russia and is hosted in China, two countries notorious for their disregard of copyright law. It's pirated, for sure.

Back