Pics of PS3 + Component + Dell 2405FPW?

TheWanted_

Weaksauce
Hey all,

I've searched high and low for a high-res picture (hell, any picture at the moment would be better than what I have) of PS3 game running over the component cable (red, green and blue) on a Dell 2405FPW at 720p preferably.

There's gotta be someone here with that. :) Thanks very much in advance!

Im running that set up, but the only pics I can provide would be from my cell phone.

The picture looks good to me, but the only thing I have to compare it too would be using composite cables from my old tube tvs.

Aww, too bad you don't have a digital camera. Do the games look good enough to justify the $500 or so? No washed-out colours, jagged edges, etc?

Anyone else got a picture? :)

I have those items, but not setup like that. I also don't have component cables (running hdmi). However when I had my 360 (before the 1080p update) on the 2405 through component, I notice it would leave an after image for awhile...not so great. Other than that it seem to work fine from what I recall.

I have those items, but not setup like that. I also don't have component cables (running hdmi). However when I had my 360 (before the 1080p update) on the 2405 through component, I notice it would leave an after image for awhile...not so great. Other than that it seem to work fine from what I recall.

I thought you couldn't hook up the PS3 to the DVI port of the 2405 because it doesn't support HDCP?

Component suites me better because my PC is running on the DVI port, and the Xbox360 is connected via VGA.

I didn't notice my 360 leaving images while running on component. That's quite scary if it does. :(

From what I hear it doesn't force it on you yet :p. To be honest though, I'm not really sure, if I ever get a dvi to hdmi I'll let you know.

Have you tried playing halo 2 on it? It happened a couple of times like 3 in all, but never the less it works fine on my 32" Viewsonic.

From what I hear it doesn't force it on you yet :p. To be honest though, I'm not really sure, if I ever get a dvi to hdmi I'll let you know.

Hehe, from other random websites I've visited, people have reported that the PS3 displays a blank screen when hooked up to the 2405 over DVI.

Have you tried playing halo 2 on it? It happened a couple of times like 3 in all, but never the less it works fine on my 32" Viewsonic.

I'm embarassed to say that I've never seen Halo 2. :(

Guess that solves it :) If you own a ps3 they just released firmware 1.70.

Don't be, not everyone is a into halo, but you should give it a try even if you haven't play it. At lease rent it.

Sorry, couldn't be of much help. Good luck on your search.

The 1080p update....on xbox?

Because my ps3 and xbox 360 will not do 1080p thru component on the 2405.

I haven't bothered with hdmi to dvi, because my pc uses the dvi port. I use component on all 3 of my systems and never had any problems with the 360 and ps3 at 1080i or 720p or with the wii at 480p. To me the picture looks great, I just wish it had more than one component hook up. =)

Back