Pirate Parties Plan to Shoot Torrent Site Into Orbit

HardOCP News

[H] News
According to this story, pirates are seriously entertaining the idea of launching a file-sharing site into space. Space? And they wonder why no one takes them seriously.

It is almost four years ago that The Pirate Bay announced they wanted to buy the micronation of Sealand, so they could host their site without having to bother about copyright law – an ambitious plan that turned out to be unaffordable. This week, Pirate Parties worldwide started brainstorming about a similarly ambitious plan. Instead of founding their own nation, they want to shoot a torrent site into orbit.

They will do the same thing they did with the sealand debacle...get morons to donate money for it and laugh all the way to the bank.

How would purchasing something like a micro-nation get by copyright laws? The upstream providers are located in European countries and must abide by the laws, they'd be required to null route in the event of noncompliance by TPB if they were operating Sealand.

It would be just cheaper to place a server on old tanker and broadcast from international waters.

Thanks.

For people who don't want to pay for stuff, they sure want to spend a lot.

Might be cheaper just to buy the movies, instead of paying for a satellite in space.

For people who don't want to pay for stuff, they sure want to spend a lot.

Might be cheaper just to buy the movies, instead of paying for a satellite in space.

Granted, I'm not much of a pirate... But some things deserve to be paid for, and some things don't.

For instance, the 60 bucks I spent on MOH? I didn't deserve that bit of rapage, and EA definitely didn't deserve 60 bucks for it. (My Fault for pre-ordering)

On the other hand, if I could take that 60 bucks and send it off towards a donation pot for sending anything at all into space, let alone something awesome like a giant middle finger to the RIAA and MPAA, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

I'd care more about media pirates if the creators were actually being paid decently, but that's not the case...

wait, how the hell did I miss this sealand stuff?

I missed so freaking much by not being into torrents, DAMN YOU NAPSTER AND DAMN YOU METTALLICAS!!

$10 says RIAA/MPAA etc pay the U.S. Govt to shoot it down.

No doubt.. anti satellite missles have been around for decades... however... convicing them of doing it.. and the public reaction to the destruction of the satellite... would be very interesting to watch...im sure FOX news would go apeshit with it...lol

They say they shot down a satellite a couple years ago that had failed.. and it cost 100 million...but the satellite was at orbital closing speed...so it was out of control... keep in mind this is from wikipedia...lol

well, they pay the US govt to enact absurd laws circumventing commonplace rights of citizens with bullshit legal loopholes and then prosecute them with methods under seriously questionable legal standing. whos to say they wouldnt try pay off somebody to take the thing out, then make it look like "an accident" :D

they should set up a wifi sat network with redundant backup systems. that'd show those racketeering assholes Dx

well, they pay the US govt to enact absurd laws circumventing commonplace rights of citizens with bullshit legal loopholes and then prosecute them with methods under seriously questionable legal standing. whos to say they wouldnt try pay off somebody to take the thing out, then make it look like "an accident" :D

You mean our government would be involved in a false flag operation? no way.. that never happens.... 9/11

:D

Back