Places that have the 5850 in stock?

Ionium

Limp Gawd
I wanna build my computer parts but newegg.com doesn't have this video card in stock, ever :mad:

be vigilante my friend, I spend the better part of the day looking for one and about gave up.
around 7pm some Sapphires were in-stock, managed to grab one came back to NewEgg 15 mins later to check my order status and they were OOS

my suggestion would be too bookmark the 5XXX series section @ NewEgg and refresh the page throughout the day

Dang.. Frys had two Diamond 5850's in stock last week when I was there.

I managed to buy a HD 5850 from Newegg for $280 + shipping last night. I guess I should be getting it this Friday.

Checked it again later on and it was up to $299 before going outta stock.

be vigilante my friend, I spend the better part of the day looking for one and about gave up.
around 7pm some Sapphires were in-stock, managed to grab one came back to NewEgg 15 mins later to check my order status and they were OOS

my suggestion would be too bookmark the 5XXX series section @ NewEgg and refresh the page throughout the day

Vigilant, not vigilante.

This is where you would want to sign up for email alerts when in stock and have one of the programs that notifies you when you get new email.

Vigilant, not vigilante.

This is where you would want to sign up for email alerts when in stock and have one of the programs that notifies you when you get new email.

Wow.... proofreaders here on Hard Forums, I'm impressed...:rolleyes:

I love me some NewEgg, but the email alerts do NOT work

vigilant and vigilante are very different. although both could yield a video card if applied correctly.

I just kept checking ewiz, newegg, amazon, & zzf throughout friday at work. 10 mins before leaving for work ewiz had the PowerColor in stock so I ordered 2 of em for a couple of systems I'm building for friends. They were shipped out yesterday. The other 5850 that is going in my system I placed an order for on the 13th from circuit city and should be getting it tomorrow. Gotta be persistent. Or if you have push e-mail on your phone the auto-notifiers can come in handy.

If you live near a Fry's they may have the 5850/5870 in-stock. They sell them for I believe 279.99 and 399.99... Definitely cheaper to wait for an e-tailer to get some in stock, but if you must.

Edit: both of the stores I went to recently (City of Industry, CA and San Marcos, CA) had a few of both in stock.

I got an in-stock notification from NewEgg today for the XFX 5850.
As soon as I received the email I opened the link and guess what???

.....OOS

^^^

Others must have recieved the e-mail before you.

I wouldn't simply wait for the e-mail. If you can, check about once every two hours. I ramdomly checked Newegg at 8pm and immediately bought a Sapphire HD 5850.

You need to be persistant and have luck on your side.

vigilant and vigilante are very different. although both could yield a video card if applied correctly.

Yeah I got a LOLs out of that one, I imagined someone taking the stick to AMD for the injustice of not putting out enough cards. I read "be a vigilante" at first. hehehe...

Last edited:
Just got back from Fry's. They had 5 XFX 5850's and 4 XFX 5870's. I was gonna get a 5850 but the prices on the 5850's were jacked up to $319.99 so I just said F it and picked up a 5870 for $399.99 :D

^^^

Others must have recieved the e-mail before you.

I wouldn't simply wait for the e-mail. If you can, check about once every two hours. I ramdomly checked Newegg at 8pm and immediately bought a Sapphire HD 5850.

You need to be persistant and have luck on your side.

Yeah, I already have a Sapphire 5850. Grabbed one when the came back in stock on Monday. I just wanted to share my experience...

I do want to grab another another one at some point.

I just came from El Segundo and City of Industry frys in Californa, both have a few 5850's in stock for $319.99

I did get myself the last XFX 5870 too =)

I would check each sight everyday or most sites have features where they will notify you when a part is available.

Amazon just upped the pre-order price to $266. So I got on it. Want a second for crossfire, and don't want to pay $300 for them. hahaha...

Like what others have said, try frys, I walked in and they had a few left, ended up picking up a 5850. Not sure yet if i want to keep it though or pick up the 5870 instead.

Amazon just upped the pre-order price to $266. So I got on it. Want a second for crossfire, and don't want to pay $300 for them. hahaha...

I am assuming they will honor whatever price it was when ordered?

I know they have already moved my estimated ship date from late November to mid December.

And the waiting line just got longer. Now it's "Usually ships within 1 to 3 months," whereas before it was 2-5 weeks if I recall correctly. Oh well, I'm locked in with an order from October 20.

I just got a Asus 8550 off Newegg for $279.99!

Sold out almost immediately after checkout.
I bookmarked: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...PA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=5850&x=0&y=0

checked it every few hours and got lucky!

Due to your noobie status, you must give it up!!!

That's what I get for hanging out in the garage listening to an oldies 70 CD.

Good Deal! After the XFX card, I would have definately went with the ASUS.
I had a Sapphire card, but since it heated up like a toaster oven unless I set the fan speed to manual, I RMAd it back to Newegg. Just a heads up in case you guys see an "open box" buy.

I set the Asus one to auto-notify, got the email the instant it was sent on my Pre. Managed to snag one, OOS now though. Highly recommend using auto-notify, especially if you have a push-enabled smartphone.

Just got back from Fry's. They had 5 XFX 5850's and 4 XFX 5870's. I was gonna get a 5850 but the prices on the 5850's were jacked up to $319.99 so I just said F it and picked up a 5870 for $399.99 :D

I guess that really shows there is a lack of supply, and a large demand for the 5850. I am still very happy to have got it at MSRP, when it came in stock on Newegg on launch day.

Zipzoomfly has got some BS going as well. They list am XFX 5850 for $319 and an MSI 5850 for $289 but as soon as you click add to cart, a message comes up that reads, "Please Note: The item that you are trying to add was just sold out." :confused:

ewiz is shady as hell
I tried ordering a 5850 from them a week ago when they had it on there for 250 and it was listed as in stock.
Of course come Monday they didn't have any in stock and then I had to wait to get my money back.

Did anyone catch XFX 5850 on NewEgg today (11/2)? Yesterday their web site estimated 11/2 arrival for $289. Today the price has increased to $299, but still no stock? Hm...

For some reason all the 5850 cards have vanished from newegg's website, only 5850 card left is the Diamond one and even that's not in stock. I guess the 5850 and 5870 cards are the most sought after at the moment, supply can't meet the demand here.

I'm about to give up and buy a 5770, but i'm trying so hard to hold back to get a 5850 instead.

Saw a xfx 5850 in stock at the houston microcenter, only 1 though so it might be gone by now.

the 5770's will probably be gone pretty soon too, as it looks like they're slowly going OOS, i've been on the edge for a while, kinda wish i would've just jumped in on day one, but for some reason i was hoping prices would decrease. Now it just looks like they're going to go up or stay the same for at least the next 2 months, grrr... suppose it's one less trip to the bar and eating out one less time.

For some reason all the 5850 cards have vanished from newegg's website, only 5850 card left is the Diamond one and even that's not in stock. I guess the 5850 and 5870 cards are the most sought after at the moment, supply can't meet the demand here.

I'm about to give up and buy a 5770, but i'm trying so hard to hold back to get a 5850 instead.

Discontinued EOL? That quickly? Lolz...

Actually I'd be on the lookout come 8-9AM California time. They may have gotten a shipment in!

;)

I had 2 XFX5850's on "order" with Amazon when it was $259. Remebered this place that was stocking i975's ahead of other places and checked em for vid cards. Sure enough, they seem to have 5850's and 5870's in stock. Think they had 3 different makers for 5850's and just Asus for 5870 that are in stock. I ordered two XFX5850 for $269.

Playing with the amount I could order, I figured they had 8 XFX 5850's on hand since 8 was all they'd allow me to order. After ordering my two cards, they went down to only allowing me 6, so I am thinking their stock count is accurate and they actually do have the cards and won't pull a SUPERBIZ/EWIZ on you. The other 5850 makers and the 5870's, no idea how much they have, but they must have 1 or more. I do know that unless another just ordered, they have 6 XFX 5850's on hand as of my post.

GO!!! GO!!! GO!!!

http://www.antaresdigital.com/customer/search.php?substring=5850&x=52&y=20

Good luck

Back