Playing .vob files and stuff possible on pc?

Boardin087

Gawd
Hi, I used dvd decryptor to back up these files to my pc. now they are all .vob .ifo etc. Is there a way to play them on my PC without burning them? thanks

Depending on what OS you have, they could be played in Windows Media Player.

i've never been able to use media player for .vob files, and i've never bothered to try VLC (use it for other stuff, not .vob's) but i have used power dvd for it, and that works fine.

you could probably just get a cheap licence for powerdvd, or use vlc for free, or just convert them to something that you have everything else in, like mp4, or avi

.vob files are 'video object' files from the DVD format. They can be encryped or not. Either way it can not be played with Windows Media Player UNLESS you have a media player installed that has a "license". AVS player is the only free DVD player that I am aware of. After installing a licensed player windows media will be able to play DVD format from what I remember.

The .ifo file is the the information file that indexes all the data on the DVD and can be used if you want to 'load' the whole movie. .bup files are back up files used if needed. I would just download AVS media player here:

um all you need is to install the right codecs and you can use wmp just fine. although id rather use something else. (vlc, powerdvd)

Back