Playstation 3 dead ...PSU maybe?

d3an

Limp Gawd
Ok, so my gf's ps3 has been shutting off randomly and now its dead. It's out of warranty, can i just buy a PSU and swap it out? I contacted Sony to find out if they can help out ...

anybody got any ideas where I can buy an extra PSU ...maybe I'll just do a Wal mart swap or something

...my damn movie is still stuck in the drive, lol :p

You can surf around and there might be a fix from scavenged PS3 parts. That or just pay $150 to Sony and get it fixed. I'm definately getting the extended warranty now...

Can you purchase the extended warranty outside of the 30-day purchase window? That is through Sony, right?

Can you purchase the extended warranty outside of the 30-day purchase window? That is through Sony, right?

Last time I read, and from what I know, you can buy the extended warranty from Sony as long as your system is still IN warranty. That sounds like anytime in the 1 year window from the time you bought it onwards. No idea what your options are outside that. Think the Q&A says you can't.

You can surf around and there might be a fix from scavenged PS3 parts. That or just pay $150 to Sony and get it fixed. I'm definately getting the extended warranty now...

$150 ...damn bastards T_T ...thanks for the info!

Last time I read, and from what I know, you can buy the extended warranty from Sony as long as your system is still IN warranty. That sounds like anytime in the 1 year window from the time you bought it onwards. No idea what your options are outside that. Think the Q&A says you can't.

I can't find anything on their site about an extended warranty. How would one go about purchasing it?

Sony Computer Entertainment America ("SCEA") warrants to the original purchaser that the PS3TM hardware shall be free from material defects in material and workmanship for a period of one (1) year from the original date of purchase...

http://www.us.playstation.com/Support/PS3/Warranties

As long as you didn't buy your PS3 more than a year ago you should be covered.

I dont know the odd's but if you paid with AMEX it doubles your standard warranty

Back