PlayStation 3 Wireless DualShock 3 Controller - over 15% off, now $39 shipped

ScratchDrive

Limp Gawd
PlayStation 3 Wireless Dual Shock 3 Bluetooth Controller
Over 15% off, they are on sale right now for $39 bucks, shipping is Free

http://www.amazon.com/gp/redirect.h...rds=B0015AARJI&url=search-alias%3Delectronics

I picked up 2 more controllers for my friends when we are here gaming next weekend. This beats paying taxes at Best Buy or Walmart.... especially when the price is a bit lower compared to them too :D

$39.99 shipped free (2-day air shipping free with Amazon Prime)
icon14.gif

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
In for one. I'm in NY so $43.54 with tax and two day (Saturday) delivery. Newegg is no tax but who knows when it will show up if it ships from Cali and the price is only $.50 cheaper.

Waiting to see if I get my $20 amazon giftcards from the sale yesterday. If so I will pick on of these up.

do these work on Pc?

Sure does :D

1. Download and install MotioninJoy. Get the latest version depending on your operating system. Here's the link. http://www.motioninjoy.com/download/.
2. Download this (http://www. n g o h q . com/home.php?page=dseo) <<-- this forum blocks this site, so erase the spaces, sorry.....get that and run it. Click "Enable Test mode", then Next.
3. Click Sign System Files, then Next.
4. Use that to sign all files in the C:\Program Files\MotioninJoy\ds3\drivers folder, and in the x64 subfolder.
5. Restart computer. You will now see "Test mode" in the bottom right of your desktop.
Note: steps 6-10 are the same as above... reposted
6. Once started up, plug in your controller. Windows will install some generic driver, which is of no use.
7. Click Start-> Control Panel -> Device Manager.
8. Under Human interface devices, click USB Input Device
Note: There are probably more than one of those. Right click, click Properties, click Details, click Hardware Ids in the drop down menu. It should say "USB\VID_54..." See this picture (http://www.motioninjoy.com/images/uploadfile/200904301241088648.gif) for reference.
9. In Properties, click the Driver tab, click Update Driver..., then Browse my computer, then Let Me Pick, then Have Disk...
10. Type or navigate to C:\Program Files\MotioninJoy\ds3\drivers, and click OK.
11. If you've done everything right you should get an "installed correctly" message! Then, click Start, All Programs, MotioninJoy, DS3 Tool. Select the fourth option, click enable, and you can test rumble and configure buttons!

It should work perfectly. To use the controller, you have to run it or you can make windows run it at startup.

Whoa I didn't know you could hook it up to your computer also

That's awesome :D Does the rumble work too, or just the buttons only function? Either way, that's pretty neat

Whoa I didn't know you could hook it up to your computer also

That's awesome :D Does the rumble work too, or just the buttons only function? Either way, that's pretty neat

Yes, everything should work when you play with it on the PC also. Games must have the option to rumble of course for it to work. The six-axis motion sensor (like the controller on the Wii) should work also so you can tilt the controller and it senses which direction

This is a great price considering that in stores they still go for $50+tax. If you're going to buy this for PC use then i would recommend getting the Xbox360 controller and a receiver. Love the fact that the microsoft games already have the settings to use the 360 controller.

Either one works fine, I have used both and you couldn't tell if it was PC or PS3 if you had it hooked up blindfolded. Everything should work like the 360 controller does. But the 360 does not have rumble or six-axis like the PS3 controller does. PS3 controller has bluetooth as well.... for other "hacks" :p

How's the PS3 contoller's compatibility with PC games compared to the Xbox 360 controller? They equal in performance and comparability?

Emulators (ps1,ps2,snes,etc) work fine as well as a few driving games I tried. The ps3 controllers have pressure sensitive buttons too, so its good for throttling or tapping buttons (brakes/gas) coming up to corners.

How's the PS3 contoller's compatibility with PC games compared to the Xbox 360 controller? They equal in performance and comparability?

Sure does :D
The developer recently got the signature certification for it so all he needs is the motioninjoy software to use it. I got mine to work fine in USB mode but BT mode can be a bit flaky depending on your adapter.

Also about the controller's compatibility with games, there is an Xbox 360 controller emulation option in the motioninjoy software that tricks your PC into recognising it as a 360 controller and it should have equal compatibility. :D

I would pick up the Xbox 360 controller. Windows will nativly support it and most people find it to be more comfortable. It works REALLY well. I use the triggler pressure sensitive buttons for the throttle in racing games. Works really well.

Like noted, with console ports. Key mapping is already done for the 360 controller.

The developer recently got the signature certification for it so all he needs is the motioninjoy software to use it. I got mine to work fine in USB mode but BT mode can be a bit flaky depending on your adapter.

Also about the controller's compatibility with games, there is an Xbox 360 controller emulation option in the motioninjoy software that tricks your PC into recognising it as a 360 controller and it should have equal compatibility. :D

What's a good adapter for BT you recommend? And thats cool you can ghost it as a 360, 2 birds - one stone :D

What's a good adapter for BT you recommend? And thats cool you can ghost it as a 360, 2 birds - one stone :D
I have an Asus BT21 adapter which is supported even though I still have trouble with it. They have a wiki with all supported adapters here. If I didn't already own a USB 360 controller prior to getting a DualShock 3 and motioninjoy I probably would have never bought one. :p

Back