Playstation Network Undergoing Maintenance.....FOREVER

For like over a month now I`ve been trying to log onto the PSN from my PS3 and aside from the update it had me download about 2 weeks ago I've been unable to log in. Keeps saying its undergoing maintenance. i've been unable to find much information on the issue. Was hoping someone here could shed some light on it. I'm still paying for PLUS membership access. Apparently for no reason. So does anyone have any info on the when & why?

I'm in the Seattle area if that matters.

Not to sure why you have that issue. I haven't had an problems logging into PSN on my PS3 or PS4.

bbb1.gif

Not having any problems here just downloaded Mystaria on my PS3 couple days ago.

I had a similar issue with my PS4.

I switched around my router config to just ONE frequency and it fixed the problem.

Try that out.

Are you connecting wired or wirelessly? Have you checked if your NAT Type changed for any reason? I usually would get this error if the PS3 connected with NAT Type 3 instead of 2, even though the settings on my network didn't change.

You might also try switching the channel on your router. The router is supposed to automatically switch channels if their are other signals around on the same one, but sometimes it doesn't. I find most routers only switch between 0 and 1, so try one in a higher range. This only applies to wireless, of course.

Or maybe your ISP DNS is giving you problems. I have found ISP DNS's to be inconsistant. I just use the google DNS 8.8.8.8 and it fixes MANY of my connection problems across all network connected devices.

*course then you're sending all your data through Google*

Or maybe your ISP DNS is giving you problems. I have found ISP DNS's to be inconsistant. I just use the google DNS 8.8.8.8 and it fixes MANY of my connection problems across all network connected devices.

Is that really any worse than your ISP?

Sorry, I worded my issue wrong. I didn't mean that I can't log onto the PSN at all. I can watch Netflix and play games online just fine. I meant that it's only the PlayStation store that I can't log into. Everytime I attempt to it goes to the loading screen and then the "Currently Undergoing Maintenance" message pops up. As I mentioned, it's been doing this constantly since the beginning of last month. It's rather annoying and a huge inconvenience, as I'm sure you guys can imagine. I don't know what to do. I've reset my network, my PS3 itself. No one I know has a PS3, so I can't ask them if they are having the issue too. But I've tried opening the store while connected to a couple other networks all to no avail. So it's not an issue on my end.

What?

Why would sony do something as stupid as throwing an error like that for any network connectivity problem? Imagine all the people who have some problem with their home network wasting several days hoping PSN comes back online before they finally go seek help.

try reset your clock/date settings, i think i had problem long ago the date wasnt right or something and that caused the problem.

Fixed it finally. It was as simple as deleting PS Store from the PSN Section on the dashboard and reinstalling it by clicking on the PS Store in the game section. Which I didn't know it could be deleted until now otherwise I definitely woulda tried that a while ago lol

Weird - I've had issues with other apps misbehaving (Amazon prime) and was forced to delete and redownload/install to get them working again. Didn't realize you could do the same for the ps store. I'll tuck that trick away in my memory banks as this seems somewhat common enough in the ps4.

Weird - I've had issues with other apps misbehaving (Amazon prime) and was forced to delete and redownload/install to get them working again. Didn't realize you could do the same for the ps store. I'll tuck that trick away in my memory banks as this seems somewhat common enough in the ps4.

Oh, I should try this! I just assumed the issue had to do with Sony getting hacked.

Back