PLAYSTATION®3 (80GB) $300

lov3rboy408

Limp Gawd
sony.com offer 12months no interest + $100 instant discount if you approved..when purchasing anything more than $299.. i just bought ps3 for $300:p

Think I just found my dad's birthday present then. A Blu-Ray player! Yay! :)

Thanks, think I'll try that out now.

Not to get OT, but it can lower your score to open/close in short periods. It definitely lowers your score when you have a balance, and close cards (% of debt used goes up when cards close).

Just don't open a ton of cards, but don't close them immediately. Short life spans are bad for cc's.

It definitely lowers your score when you have a balance, and close cards (% of debt used goes up when cards close).

That's not true. I pay off my credit card bill every month so I never carry a balance. You would think that's a sign of good credit habits but it doesn't increase your credit score. Creditors want people who carry a balance and pay off "some" of it every month. A zero balance is of no use to them.

This is a great deal though.

That's not true. I pay off my credit card bill every month so I never carry a balance. You would think that's a sign of good credit habits but it doesn't increase your credit score. Creditors want people who carry a balance and pay off "some" of it every month. A zero balance is of no use to them.

Was a great deal, it used to be $150, they just changed it in the last month.

I don't believe this is true. I also always pay off the statement balance and my credit score raises every few months.

And I've heard the same thing tgabe is saying, opening a new line of credit causes inquiries as well as extending your credit line. Opening and closing many accounts creates the impression that you are desperately opening new lines of credit to pay debt and lowers your score.

Please don't quote part of my post, and respond only to that.

Situation: You have a credit limit total (between say 4 cards) of $5,000, with a total running balance of $1,500. You are only using 30% of your limit (which is said to be the best percentage when looking for a loan, etc). Say you close a card that had a limit of $1,000. You are now using 37.5%, without even doing anything. The more of your limit used, then lower your score goes. I know I am no expert, but I've got a decent idea of what I'm talking about. Take it FWIW.

THIS IS HOTDEAL FORUM!!!!!!!!!!!

stop argument who right or wrong, i don't care how much credit score you guy have!!! take it somewhere else !! GO talk to your banker!!

THIS IS HOTDEAL FORUM!!!!!!!!!!!

stop argument who right or wrong, i don't care how much credit score you guy have!!! take it somewhere else !! GO talk to your banker!!

I have a PLUS score of 730.. :p

j/k man. Hopefully when I'm approved the 12/mo no interest promotion is still going.

Please remember that your 'Hot Deal' isn't anything new, and your Hot Deal specifically requires people to sign up and get another credit card, which could have more effects than just saving $100 on a ps3.

Please remember that your 'Hot Deal' isn't anything new, and your Hot Deal specifically requires people to sign up and get another credit card, which could have more effects than just saving $100 on a ps3.

One of those side effects include hi-def movie viewing? :D

This is older than dirt. And its a KNOWN fact that if you open and close a CC right away, reguardless of your balance and payment times, your credit score WILL DECREASE.

Off-topic again: While in the process of opening my first credit card last month(only 19), my banker told me that carrying a balance of higher than 50% of your credit limit will effectively lower your credit score.

There's probably a lot more in that statement. The only thing I see it helping it be lowered is because you aren't see as a risk because you don't have that whole card available to you to burn, but you've got half of it used, so it might show something negative.

Or build it a bit. I'm only 21 and closed all of my credit cards. Will likely close this one immediately after paying it off.

Just an FYI, that doesnt help your credit score. Everytime you close a credit card, your score goes down a little.

Just so long as you maintain two or three open lines of credit (mortgage, car loan, credit card) you will do OK. If you are worried about the card being a temptation, simply call them up and request a $500 limit and no automatic increases.

you also get 5 points for every dollar spent at sonystyle... so with initial xbox purchase you are looking at 2,000 points off the bat

They say a man should always dress for the job he wants.
So why am I dressed up like a pirate in this restraunt.
It's all because some hacker, stole my identity.
Now I'm in here every evening serving chowder and ice tea.
Shoulda gone to Freecreditreport.com.
I coulda seen this comming at me like at atom bomb.
They monitor your credit and send you email alerts.
So you don't end up selling fish to tourists in t-shirts.

Back